preferred viewing area

Obi

Original Poster
has anyone chosen wishes and/or illuminations as one of your picks for fp+?

if so, these are preferred viewing areas, correct? Where are they located? Were they worth using as a pick so that you wouldn't have to get there hours ahead of time?

Tom

Beta Return
We used a FP+ for Illuminations in March. But the only reason we did was because we were able to change all of our FP+ to Tier 1 during the "glitch" in the MM+ system earlier in the year. Otherwise, we wouldn't have used our only Tier 1 for Illuminations.

But here's where the viewing area is for Illuminations:
illum.jpg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We have used FP+ for both. Illuminations had the holiday finale and my daughter wanted to photograph it so having a convenient location for her tripod without having to stake out a spot well in advance was nice. But otherwise we would have used the FP+ for something else.

We used FP+ for Wishes a couple weeks ago. You sit on the grassy area in the rose garden. The castle was partially blocked by trees so we missed some of the effects. Got a great view of Tink flying overhead though. Probably would not FP+ Wishes again.

Rob562

I haven't used them, but here's a few things to keep in mind:

-Illuminations is best viewed when you're *not* downwind of the center of the lagoon. Most of the time you can gauge where the wind is blowing ahead of time and choose a viewing location accordingly. Since the FP+ viewing area is a set location, you run the risk of the wind blowing in that direction. So then you either tough it out with smoke in your face, or find a viewing spot elsewhere, thus wasting the FP+.

-The Wishes area is a bit off-center by the Rose Garden, as mentioned above. Personally I wouldn't bother with it. But when the Hub construction project is completed and they start using the two new dedicated parks in the southern end of the Hub immediately on either side of Main Street essentially only a dozen yards from my preferred viewing spot now, I might rethink my outlook on it.

-Rob

FrostyNaples

I'm not sure i see the point in FP+ for viewing these things.

For example, if you choose a viewing FP in with your first 3, doesn't that mean you won't get your rolling 4th until you've used them all? Which would prevent you from the benefit of the rolling 4th FP?

Or are viewing events categorized in the system separately?

Obi

Original Poster
i don't mind waiting in the lines for rides and it is my thought, i could be wrong on this, but we could be riding a few more rides while many others are getting there extra early to get closest seats on main street, and around the lagoon in epcot. *shrugs*... plus, i have never been in october, so i don't know what the crowds will be like, but i can't imagine the crowds being worse than summer and/or around christmas/new years.?.?

JohnD

Illuminations FP+ made sense for my family. We had a dinner scheduled at LeCellier right before it. With my mother wheelchair-bound, going long distances at least, it was an easy choice to go with the FP+ since the viewing area isn't far from the Canada pavillion. Of course, we had the added bonus of wheeling my mother into an handicapped space inside the viewing area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom