Preferred Room Location

duchess1576

Okay, so I was at the official Disney World website, putting in my info for my April '06 trip, to find out the cost.

I chose April 23-29, 6 day Park Plus Passes and staying at Carribbean Beach.

I noticed that when it totalled up at the end, the box for "Prefferred Room Location" was automatically checked and said "included". It said +$100something if I checked off "standard room" instead.

So, what gives? Is this just a new way of them trying to get more money out of me, or is some kind of special deal?

And my next question is. Where at Carribbean Beach would I choose to stay? What is the best "prefferred room location"???

macsmom

I am also in the middle of planning my trip for next year - I seem to go to the website at lest once a week to change something - and every once in awhile, the preferred room is checked. it doesn't happen to me all the time. In fact, I would say more often than not it is not checked. I need info on when to call and make reservations for the character dinners and breakfasts, etc. Someone told me you have to do it a certain amount of days before your trip or something. :cool:

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I'm sure others know more about this than I do, but I'm assuming that these would be rooms closest to the main pool and food court area. We haven't stayed at CBR for a few years now, but we used to always request Martinique if I remeber right.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Yes, these are rooms that are located closest to the foodcourt and main pool areas.

You can make PS ressie's 90 plus 10 days ahead of time. What this means is on the 90th day before your vacation you can make the ressie's for the 90th day plus the next ten days even though they are the 91, 92, 93 etc. days, you don't have to call back every day to make a PS you can do it all at once.

Upvote 0

saltmom1

Martinique and Barbados are considered preferred locations because they are closer to the main pool and the food court. It is an extra $10- $15 / night. Aruba and Jamaica are just a short walk over a bridge. It is a nice walk and only about 5 minutes to the food court and the pool, depending on your exact location. These are not considered preferred locations and so are you are not charged the extra rate but are pretty close to the food court and the main pool.

Upvote 0

inafog

I think preferred location also refers to corner rooms at CBR--they have some rooms that have two windows instead of one.

I stayed at Jamaica with mom and two kids (3 and 6) this past trip. I loved it! We were close-ish to the pool, had only a short walk across the bridge, close to the bus stop, and near the playground. I could not figure out the pattern for bus loading/unloading, although Jamaica seemed to be the first stop in the mornings, so the bus was empty when it came (several times the bus we were on did not make it all the way to Trinidad because it was full).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom