Preferred room at POP

englanddg

One Little Spark...
OK the preferred rooms at the POP which buildings are they in and are they worth it?
They are in the 60's buildings around the main "hippy dippy pool". Preferred means you are facing / near the pool.

No, they are not worth it. I stayed in one last year, that pool gets noisy...better to be in the 50s or a 60s garden view, I think. Certainly not worth paying extra for.

Foolish Mortal

Have stayed in preferred pool view rooms twice and absolutely will book same on all future POP stays. I've never had the problem with pool noise as many others have and there was many night's when the pool was getting a lot of late night use. I can go get morning coffee and be back to room in less than 10 minutes. And who doesn't want to get to the room as quickly as possible after spending almost all day the park ? Especially if your last ride of the night was a crowded bus and you were standing ! For me it's money well spent and will happily do it every time.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't think they are worth the money. We stayed in the 70's building and were close to the main building and the bus stop and we didn't have to pay the extra money.

pixiesteno

some of the 50s buildings are also considered preferred as it is the proximity to the main building that dictates what is considered preferred. I went on one trip with my SIL and we were on the far back side of the 60s building that was almost to the 70s and it was still considered preferred because of the building it was in.

AndyS2992

Preferred room means you are close to the main hall and a pool which are he 50's, 60's and 90's. Is it worth the extra? Probably not.

Rob562

Here are the exact locations of the Preferred Rooms at Pop. (Not my map)

http://willcad.org/maps/wdw/resorts/resort_pop.pdf#page=02

As you can see, only 50% of the Preferred rooms are in the 60's buildings. The others are in the wings of the 50's and 70's closest to the Food Court.
Also note that the layout means that 1/3 of the 60's rooms are *not* Preferred, so you can still get a room in a 60's building without paying for a Preferred room.

-Rob

MCRRBA

Original Poster
What is the best way to make a request? I realize they do not have to honor the request but I too would prefer the back lake view in the 60's or 50's
Thanks

luv

It depends on what you want. My "preferred room" is one that is far from the hustle and bustle. The more peace and quiet I get, the happier I am. I wouldn't pay to be closer to everything.

But if you do want to be closer to the food court and all that, then it might be worth it for you!!

It's just a personal preference. :)

The best way to make a request is to call them up and ask them to make a note of the request on your reservation. Hope you get what you want!!

awoogala

When we did preferred we were in the 60's building. I was very happy to be closer to the main building, especially late at night trying to carry a sleeping child back to the room! The closest building still felt like quite a haul with a 30-40 lb kid in my arms! :in pain:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom