preferred room at pop-is it worth the $?

mary219

I am booked for pop century from 8/12-8/19.I took the preferred room.But after reading other boards ,I am wondering if it is worth the money.I dont really mind walking and i dont plan on the kids going anywhere alone,but i dont want to be stuck in a lousy room.So i was thinking of changing reservation and adding an extra night.Perhaps requesting a decent area based on what i read and hoping i get it.So is it really a significant difference to stay in a preffered room or not?If not ,what would you recommend i ask for in hopes of it getting my request or something similiar?thanks

yazmin182

Hello,

The main point of the preferred room is to be close to the busses and food court. If you don't mind walking, then I would def. save that money for another night.

Upvote 0

coltow

So not worth the $$ unless you have small children or anyone that needs do do a little less walking. The resort it not THAT big. Even if you were in the 80's or 90's section it's no more than a 5 minute walk to the lobby.

Upvote 0

mary219

Original Poster
did the math

i just checked with reservation landing and it would be $2 cheaper to add an extra day and stay in a standard room.

Upvote 0

psdisney

My husband and I stayed there last May and we did not book a Pre. room. We did put a request in to be in the 1960's (as always as they tell you not guaranteed) and we got that area when we checked in. From our room in the back overlooking the lake (nice and quiet) it was about a 2 minute walk to the food court and bus. I also have to say the Pop had the best transportation to the parks of the hotels we've stayed at so far (CB and Beach Club). Have a great time!

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: we have stayed at POP twice. Nothing is far away as far as we are concerned. we always request the 70's building. have fun. its a really neat place.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

To me, unless you have a serious walking problem (Disney might not be the best for you then) it really doesn't matter what room you stay in. Just save the cash and go buy a Dole Whip!

Upvote 0

smk

To me, unless you have a serious walking problem (Disney might not be the best for you then) it really doesn't matter what room you stay in. Just save the cash and go buy a Dole Whip!
Save the cash, stay an extra night in honor of all of us who can't go right now and buy a Mickey Ice Cream Bar! :animwink: :slurp:

Upvote 0

BMinNY

Which sections (50's, 60's, etc) are the Preferred rooms in at the Pop Century? I have seen in pictures that Baloo is one of the icons/statues in the 60's section, and The Jungle Book is my son's FAVORITE Disney movie, so I thought it might be cool for him to be "in the Baloo hotel", but we already have reservations for the Preferred rooms. Any info suggestions would be appreciated!:veryconfu

Thanks!

Upvote 0

figment1985

Uhhh speaking from a lot of Pop Century experience, I'd say a preferred room is a good thing if:

A, you are planning on drinking at the Petals bar (most preferred rooms are close to that pool and bar)
B, you have kids
OR C, you HATE to walk.

My fiancee and I were SO spoiled last March and got a preferred room at a standard rate and it was RIGHT beside the food court. It was SO nice. Well, this past Sept we stayed by the Laptop computer in the 80's? and it was a FAR walk, plus the only way to make it short you have to cut through the parking lot.

I know I'm at Disney and it shouldn't matter where the heck your room is, I mean, hey..it's just nice to be on property, but to have that leisure, I would get a preferred room if you can get one near the pool behind the lobby.

Upvote 0

Mimi

We stayed in the 80's when we were at Pop. When I booked I thought to myself, "heck, why spend more money on the same kind of room? I can walk a little further." But I'll tell you, at the end of the night, after a long day of walking, that extra 3-4 minute walk can seem A LOT longer!

That being said, given the choice between a closer room and an ENTIRE DAY, I (as any true Disney geek) would totally choose the extra day! However, if you can manage to squeeze a couple nickels out of your budget and find you are able to afford both I would recommend getting the preferred location... your feet will thank you.

Upvote 0

xDisnEyxFaNx

Help For U

Here is my advice i have been to pop a bunch times and everytime i always dont get perferd room b/c just request the building u want to be in and you almost get it it is not the extra $ hope it helps if u want to be by a pool request for 90's or 60's

if you want to be near buses for quick accesss ask for 80's 90's
Hope this helps

Upvote 0
We had a room near the computer pool in the 80's section. The only time that I remember the walk being bad was when we were first checking in and lugging our carry on luggage to the room (I tend to be a big overpacker:rolleyes: ). The directions we were given on how to get to the room seemed to be the scenic tour...definetly not the most direct route. We went back to the main building 1 or 2 times during our trip and I don't remember the walk being nearly as long as it was that first time.

I didn't think the walk to/from the bus stop was bad. It was definetly much shorter when we cut through the parking lot (which by the way is very frowned upon.....we got yelled at several times by a CM in a golf cart patrolling the parking :lookaroun ).

Upvote 0

figment1985

Here is my advice i have been to pop a bunch times and everytime i always dont get perferd room b/c just request the building u want to be in and you almost get it it is not the extra $ hope it helps if u want to be by a pool request for 90's or 60's

Do you make this request at the time of your booking or later on???

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom