Preferred Annual Pass

Lefty

Original Poster
Hey, I've just returned from Halloween Horror Nights and had a BLAST! On the drive home, I realized that I've visited Universal Theme Parks three times since March. I know the annual pass doesn't cover Halloween Horror Nights, but I feel as though I should definitely consider getting it because I plan on going at least three more times between now and the summer.

I have a few questions that I would love to get feedback and comments on from people who have the preferred annual pass....

Firstly, I noticed that you can get up to 30 percent off room rates at one of the three Universal hotels. I'd like to know under what circumstances you can get 30 percent and when you receive less of a discount. I'd LOVE to stay in the Universal hotels every trip if only for the Express pass.

Secondly, with the flex plan--do you still get all the benefits as paying it all in one lump sum? I would be using the payment plan because it works out nicely for my budget.

Finally, if anyone can give me some general testimonials of your preferred annual pass experiences, I'd be greatful. Also, do you ever take side trips to Disney during your Universal stay? I'm trying to gather as much info as possible so I make the smart and right choice. Thanks in advance!

-Scott

IOACentralRadio

Wow, no responses on a disney board. Shocking. Try www.ioacentralboards.com
They will have more answers than what I'm going to give you.
The flex pay does not take anything away from the passholder. The only thing it does, is not allow you to renew for $99. Only down side to flexpay. The room rates are on a first come first serve basis, and really not all that great. If you are a Florida Resident, those rates are usually the same, though you do get room upgrades if they are available.
They always have reduced prices for HHN, valet parking, a special section to watch the parades during Mardi Gras and HHN, and other great events. They also have special passholder previews for things such as new rides, movie openings, and resturant openings. Also look for BIG discounts around Christmas. AND lastly, with you AP you can get other people into the park for a single day admission for 50% off the regular price for the rest of the year. Testimonial? I've had my AP for 3 years, and my disney AP for one. I will be renewing my Universal AP.

kcnole

I picked up my annual pass during the promotion to get two years for the price of one. That was an amazing deal. I love the pass. We've been three times now which has already recovered the cost of the two passes for us and now we're saving money.

Free parking, so that's 30 dollars saved
Free Kennel use, so that's another 20 dollars saved
Discounts on restaurants, shops, etc..., probably saved close to 40 dollars in all the discounts we've used there.

As for the universal hotel prices, I've actually found that the Florida discount is better than the AP one for getting room discounts.

As for HHN, I wasn't able to make it this year and while the pass isn't good for getting in, it does give you a considerable discount on tickets to HHN.

The only thing I think should be added is that ap holders shouldn't have to pay for parking at the hotels onsite. That really bothered me and thought it was stupid. If I stayed somewhere else I could get to Universal and park for free, but since I decided to use their resorts then parking cost like 12 dollars a day. That needs to change.

I'd also like to see another higher level of annual pass that includes admission to wet n wild like you can do at Disney with their water parks.

Personally if you visit Universal more than twice in a year it's silly not to get the pass thanks to all the great discounts. I routinely save anywhere from 4-10 dollars on dinner, and over my stay the discounts on souveniers, etc... add up quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom