Predictions for Disney in 2023

WizardofDestiny123

this is a cert. Now he is back Bob I will spin out his departure for longer than Frank Sinatra. He won’t go on his own unless its being carried out in a box
My hope is that this time Iger finds a successor for his likely next 3-5 years at the company and begins training them in all the facets of the company, building relationships with talent, and getting the operations side of the business under their belt.

WizardofDestiny123

Disney's biggest moneymakers would be the live action Little Mermaid and Guardians Vol 3
This is probably the most likely to happen of what you mentioned, apart from the Animal Kingdom Flotillas.
Not a chance for most of this. I get that The Owl House has a lot of devoted fans, but Disney is clearly ready to move on from it.

A fifth gate is very unlikely for now. If Epic Universe is a massive hit and eats away at Disney's market share, it's far more likely Disney will just create expansions to their existing parks. After the success of Way of Water, an expansion of Pandora looks increasingly likely. Perhaps as a boat ride that utilizes the ride technology of Pirates of the Caribbean in Shanghai.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

-Sell Fox assets? That's a really stupid idea. You don't buy something like that just to sell it. Plus, Disney is a better home for Fox than say, Comcast. Disney gives the only real chance that Neill Blomkamp's Alien film will ever get made.

-Slash debt. Disney only has a debt load of $5.5 billion right now. Disney took on $10 billion back when it bought ABC, so this is nothing.

-Spin off ESPN and/or ABC? Incredibly stupid. These are complementary assets. ESPN has no place in betting. That sullies everything. ABC is a very complementary asset. You don't throw away a legacy like that.

-The fact that people are calling Avatar's box office results "Tepid" is incredibly dishonest. Because the North American receipts missed estimates by a measly $1 million. A measly million? And that's justification to slam the stock and drive it down? There's no honesty in these analysts and buyers anymore. There simply isn't.
You are very likely being wrong on the amount of Debt the Walt Disney Company has. When people talk about slashing debt, they are talking about the whole debt Disney has, not just from one transaction. As of October 1, 2022, The Walt Disney Company has a debt of 48.4 billion dollars. Here is my proof.

I know you still have October 2nd to December 30th of 2022 for taking away debt, but taking away 42.9 billion dollars to your claim of 5.5 billion dollars is far fetched.

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I have another Disney prediction for 2023: Iger decides to pull a Zaslav and make cuts and write-offs like WarnerDiscovery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom