Pre-Trip Pre Trip to the "Beach Club"

So Here I sit on a lazy Saturday morning and I stumble onto the WDWMagic boards and sign up. Looking for some specific information and found it, what a great site! The trip reports rekindled a effort I did last year when I went to the OBX region for a few weeks with my family. I enjoyed the trip report and made some cool new online friends. So, with that I am doing it again all be it for our upcoming Aug 1st thru 9th Disney trip.

It is sure to be in interesting trip. My wife and I are headed down on the First, just the two of us for a few days before we have our two daughters join us. Celebrating 20 years of love, fun, friendship, struggle, loss, gain, being broke then having it all come together to make a awesome marriage. Of all things that go into being married we have found our annual treks to Disney give us a time to just "be" in the moment and have always carved out time for "us". This time we made three days of "us time". Magical...

So it is, the two of us alone at Disney for Friday, Sat and Sunday before the kids arrive. Staying at the Beach Club, a property we have not yet been to in all our travels, were looking forward to being so close to the international gateway area and getting in/out of EPCOT fast and as needed with no transportation worries. My plan? Pre dinner drinks in Italy. Canada for Dinner on Friday night for a nice quiet dinner. After dinner wine in France and some people watching as we stroll. Thats the plan as of now. Could the airlines, transportation or weather wreck it? Hope not! So looking forward to this time with my Wife before the kids get in.

Saturday and the rest of the week are already loosely planned out. Normaly the A type personality pours out of me but Disney is the one place I just kinda roll with the Wife's plan and intentions. No worries man! None...

Look forward to a pre trip and trip report peppered with lots of photos. I am limiting my shooting this time at Disney (Nikon shooter) as I am taking limited gear and really trying to enjoy the family time. Our oldest is headed back to college when we return and we are all anxiously waiting on if she's accepted into the Disney internship program for 2nd semester.

For now, have a great day. Me? I am headed to pick up my camera from the shop after a good sensor cleaning and figuring out what suitcase i am using! 6 days and counting!

Sands611

Original Poster
I am used to vacationing in the winter to go to warm cheerful places. I am looking forward to leaving this dreary summer behind for a week. Ohio has been in a doom and gloom weather pattern for over a week now and it's more Octoberfest like than summer? Florida in 3 days. Maybe I'll score a chance to get "frozen"… (unlikely)
large.jpg

mrdrift

Sounds like some pretty good plans. I ask my wife the same question about our kids, time flies and they grow so fast. Have a magical time and will be watching for the trip report.

acrab3t

For those who wonder if it is fair to go without your kids, yes it is! My husband and I had planned on going on a cruise for our honeymoon but deep down we both wanted to go to WDW. The thing that was holding us back was my then 10 year old son. I just couldn't go to Disney and not take my baby! We just couldn't get excited about planning the cruise so we made the agonizing decision to book our Disneymoon. Guess what? We had a blast. How did we make it up to my son (who still thinks we went on a cruise)? We took him to WDW for his 11th birthday of course! For our next trip the DH and I are going a few days befor my DS to enjoy some alone time. He is older now and is fine with it. Being able to completely relax with your partner without the distraction of your children is priceless. You get to rekindle that passion you have with each other.

Sands611

Original Poster
Packed, and the list of "stuff to do" for a week vacation is done.

Dog to boarding/family-
Bank-
Haircut
Emails, work and all things that need done to hit that glorious point of OOO (Out of OFFICE).
and this list goes on…. (and on)

Spending the rest of today on my Harley in the wind. 4 AM wake up for wife and I and off we go. Kids join us later Sunday-

1st Epcot all day tomorrow for a nice dinner and just hanging out
2nd Magic Kingdom and lunch at Liberty Tav then end up for a late dinner at Rose and Crown/Illuminations
3rd Shop with wife at Downtown Disney/ meet kids at hotel at 3 PM for family dinner at Tutto (epcot)
4th Have never done Cinderella's Table/breakfast with our kids (19 adn 12- girls), were doing it! and hang at MK all day/night
5th Hollywood Studios (pizza planet? they rather eat there than ANYWHERE else?) So we shall!
6th MK for a leisure day and dinner at Crystal Palace
7th AK for youngest and I in the opening for 3 rides and out. Wife and oldest are doing Keys to Kingdom tour at MK. We'll all meet at Tony's for dinner, Parade adn Fireworks
8th DTD for shopping till a late day flight home

Just enough for a last minute trip we planned out

Trip report and pics later!

Peace out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom