Pre-Trip: December 2018 - Doing It Right This Time

kirksheppard

Last Christmas, my mother wanted to take the whole family to Florida for the week between Christmas and New Year. Naturally, since we were in Orlando, we had to do Disney. We spent a day - well, half a day - at the Magic Kingdom. It was miserable. :cry::cry::cry:

I've been a dozen times before but never when it was that crowded. So, this year my friend and I are going back in early December to do. it. right!

We're heading down on December 6th and returning home on the 10th. We're at Pop Century and might be trying to go rental-car-less given the new parking fees. I'm not sure we'll be able to tolerate not having a vehicle, though. We'll see!

We'll cap off the trip with Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party on Sunday night before we fly home on Monday morning. It's going to be a great time. I'll let you know what we decide as far as FP+ and dining. Get excited with me!

Oh, here's a photo from one of my previous trips:
oct disney  295-X3.jpg

Tawney

I hope that you have a better experience this time!

My family went to Disney from December 5th -10th 2017 and while it was crowded, it was not unbearable. I went expecting the crowd levels to be higher than usual, so I was not totally surprised. Plus, we were at Disney either way... so I was determined to have a great time!

We also stayed at Pop and I have no idea if the Pop Warner thing was going on, but we never had to wait for transportation to any of the parks. Coming from the parks back to the hotel was a different story (but I think that is to be expected).

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

We're going to be at Pop this year as well. Can't wait to see the new room! We always go without a car, if the bus wait is too long we just call an uber - this has worked out well. Last year we were at DW Dec. 10th - 24th and occasionally we ended up with a time crunch. Uber to the rescue, for real. Reasonably priced, too.

Upvote 0

DAKOTADISNEY

I'm excited for you! We will be there this December 15-24th so a little nervous about the crowds. Hope it isn't quite as bad for crowds the week before Christmas as you had last year. We are also flexible and will not have to go to the parks every day.

Upvote 0

fluffy

That photo is stunning! Love it. We will be at the Very Merry Christmas Party on Dec 9th as well. We never did it before and are hoping we will be able to ride the rides with a bit less wait in the lines. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

Have you decided FP and dining yet? I just got my Adr's done this morning, except for the 3 days at the end of the trip (they open up one day at time). Super excited, made me think of you! Less than six months! I hope you've set up a countdown!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom