Pre-Refurb FP+ Restrictions?

Gomer

Original Poster
So, I'm diving into FP+ reservations for the first time for my upcoming trip in January. I arrive on 1/4 and had intended to squeeze in a ride on Splash Mountain before it goes down for refurb on 1/6. Since the park will be very busy that weekend, I had intended to use FP+ to secure a ride the night I arrive. But DME is showing it as down for refurb on the 4th.

Has anyone noticed anything like this in the past. Do they start restricting fastpasses near the refurb in case it goes down early or something? Seems odd.

I know there isn't alot of history to go on, but I thought maybe someone noticed something before Peter Pan went down.

msteel

I know the WDW website isn't always accurate either, but tonight it showed "no times available" for Splash beginning Jan 2nd. I almost think it showed hours for the 4th the first time I put in the date though.

msteel

Tomorrowland speedway, on the other hand, shows hours for all the dates in January that I tried. Could this refurb have moved too? Like maybe Feb 9-10?

Last edited:

Gomer

Original Poster
Tomorrowland speedway, on the other hand, shows hours for all the dates in January that I tried. Could this refurb have moved too? Like maybe Feb 9-10?
Ahh, that would be too bad. I was actually looking forward to experiencing that section of tomorrowland without the constant noise and the feeling that I'm slowing killing myself on the fumes from the cars.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yep. It looks possible that both Splash and the Speedway refurb have both been removed from January. Not confirmed though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom