pre-booking FastPass+ 60 days before for offsite guests???

vacationarchitect

Original Poster
Just wanted to share this:
- going to WDW in May 2014
- staying off-site
- booked 4-days park tickets through disney site (will need to pick-up RFID cards at guest relations, decided to skip home delivery as I am based in Europe)
- linked tickets to myMagicalExperience account
- set up myMagicalExperience accounts for all adults of party and set also up all kids
- made diner reservations in MK and AK for specific days, giving credit card details to myMagicalExperience (reservations can be cancelled still).

==> today I noticed on the myMagicalExperience website the following:
"My Plans - 90 Days To Go"
Under FP+ a button "Make Selections" and a padlock symbol.
Clicking on this button revealed the following:
"You may begin making FastPass+ selections for your vacation on March 5, 2014."

I shall return to the site on the 5th of March...

My theory: Disney only allows advanced FP+ booking to guests that have committed to certain dates/date windows. Onsite guests meet this criteria, as they have committed to a hotel booking for a specific period and have provided credit card details when booking. Off-site guests that only have a ticket that can be used whenever they opt to show up will not meet this criteria. However, offsite guests that a) have a ticket linked, b) have made a commitment to a certain date by booking a diner reservation, pre-bookable event or something alike and also provided their credit card details also meet the criteria and therefore are allowed to pre-book their FP+ in advance through myMagicalExperience.

Anyhow, it appears to work for me, it will probably also work for others. Next bottleneck: available diner reservations at in-park restaurants ...

Tom

Beta Return
Unfortunately, it is likely a glitch in the system. Unless I missed another announcement, they have not yet granted 60-day privileges to off-site guests. You would be limited to same-day booking of FP+ unless they change something between now and then, which is likely.

I just don't want you to get your hopes up for something that could come and go. There are many things on the MDE site that do not change or update based on your actual situation.

Moedutton

I just checked mine as we are staying offsite this time as well. I also have a date telling me I can make FP+ selections. This notice had not previously been there. Hopefully, they are coming around!

vacationarchitect

Original Poster

Disneyfamily4

I go to Disney for two weeks. 7 days in a resort and 7 days in a private-house. 2 weeks ago, I was only able to plan my fast passes on the days I was staying in the resort. The off site days were locked. However this week, I was able to plan the remaining days of my fast passes and have done so for the days I am staying off site. So something definitely changed.

Weather_Lady

Take advantage of whatever the site will let you do, but don't trust that it will stay that way, as it changes constantly.

I'm going in May as well (staying onsite), and so far, the website has told me three different times in the last few months via a pop-up screen that comes up when I log in to MM+ -- "Congratulations! You are now eligible to start making your FP+ selections!" Of course, I can't, and the link that is provided with the congratulatory pop-up announcement eventually tells me that our travel dates are outside of any party member's FP+ window. I've also gotten invitations to customize my experience in various ways on the website -- with broken links or pop-up screens asking a question but lacking a "next" button to advance once the question is answered.

The whole WDW website is just completely glitchy, amateurish and in constant flux.

Disneyfamily4

This time I don't think it was a glitch. I booked the vacation through a friend who is a Disney travel agent. Through her, I booked the 7 days in the resort, but with a 10-day park hopper.

When my booking was within the window to select my fast passes, it only allowed 7, with the remaining 3 being locked. I told my friend and she figured this would be the case. About a week or so later, she emailed me and said to log into the Disney Experience Website again and to try to book the remaining 3 days. She said there has been a few changes and that I should be able to reserve the remaining days. When I logged in, it did then let me do it.

I think this all ties into the other rumors about how Disney will sell magic bands to off site guests for $15.00 per person. The perk of paying will allow off site guests the option of reserving in advance and not having to wait in the kiosk line. My travel agent friend thinks this will take place March or April during peak season, however no dates have been mentioned by Disney themselves.

Rob562

This time I don't think it was a glitch. I booked the vacation through a friend who is a Disney travel agent. Through her, I booked the 7 days in the resort, but with a 10-day park hopper.

When my booking was within the window to select my fast passes, it only allowed 7, with the remaining 3 being locked. I told my friend and she figured this would be the case. About a week or so later, she emailed me and said to log into the Disney Experience Website again and to try to book the remaining 3 days. She said there has been a few changes and that I should be able to reserve the remaining days. When I logged in, it did then let me do it.

I think this all ties into the other rumors about how Disney will sell magic bands to off site guests for $15.00 per person. The perk of paying will allow off site guests the option of reserving in advance and not having to wait in the kiosk line. My travel agent friend thinks this will take place March or April during peak season, however no dates have been mentioned by Disney themselves.

Question: Were you *right* at the start of your 60-day window when you made your FP+ for your resort stay's dates? If so, it's probable that the "60 days plus up to 10 more" was in effect at that moment. That'll only cover the days of your resort stay.
Then a week later you were then within 60 days of the dates *after* your resort stay and thus got access because you still would have valid admission days left on your ticket.

Just a supposition. The real test would be for someone to wait and try to make FP+ until their entire on-site/off-site combo trip is inside 60 days.

-Rob

TheMouseFan

Agreed. If they end up going the 60 days for offsite as well that puts a huge damper on what alot of people were assuming would be a benefit of staying onsite.
I was thinking this exact same thing! I was assuming that it would always be an option to schedule in advance, just maybe 30 days for offsite instead of the 60 days that onsite gets. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Rob562

Agreed. If they end up going the 60 days for offsite as well that puts a huge damper on what alot of people were assuming would be a benefit of staying onsite.

I'd say the most likely scenario is that on-site will have the same "+10" window to make all FP+ for their complete stay like they have with dining reservations and its 180+10 window, and that'll be the extent of the on-site perk.

-Rob

Disneyfamily4

Question: Were you *right* at the start of your 60-day window when you made your FP+ for your resort stay's dates? If so, it's probable that the "60 days plus up to 10 more" was in effect at that moment. That'll only cover the days of your resort stay.
Then a week later you were then within 60 days of the dates *after* your resort stay and thus got access because you still would have valid admission days left on your ticket.

Just a supposition. The real test would be for someone to wait and try to make FP+ until their entire on-site/off-site combo trip is inside 60 days.

-Rob
Disney's initial plan was that if you are staying offsite, you cannot reserve fast passes in advance and can only go up to kiosks the day of your visit.

For me, when I was within the booking window, my entire ticket should have been able to be reserved, but the last 3 days said not eligible. The 60 booking window allows you to book your entire ticket, not your partial ticket. Except if you were not staying in a resort like my situation.

Apparently, disney made some changes and are now allowing all advanced ticket purchases to be able to reserve fast passes in advance. It's not just for resort guests anymore.

ctxak98

This might sound dumb but for an off site guest getting to the parks early in the morning, will our ticket be our FP+ card we use to activate everything!? or are we all given another card!?

Also does this cost extra money for FP+!? Still confused on all of this because nothing is really a straight answer regarding off-site guests! thanks

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This might sound dumb but for an off site guest getting to the parks early in the morning, will our ticket be our FP+ card we use to activate everything!? or are we all given another card!?

Also does this cost extra money for FP+!? Still confused on all of this because nothing is really a straight answer regarding off-site guests! thanks
As long as your ticket is hard plastic (which means it has an RFID chip), yes you will use it for FP+. And there is no cost to use the kiosks to obtain FP+, it is free.

ctxak98

As long as your ticket is hard plastic (which means it has an RFID chip), yes you will use it for FP+. And there is no cost to use the kiosks to obtain FP+, it is free.
Ok so lets say the tickets isnt hard plastic! Then what!? Or are all tickets platic now!?

Rob562

Paper tickets can also be RFID. Look for the small MDE symbol on the back, a Mickey head inside a circle. That indicates that the media is RFID.

If that isn't there, then yes, you'll have to stop at Guest Relations or a ticket window to exchange it for an RFID-capable ticket.

-Rob

ctxak98

Paper tickets can also be RFID. Look for the small MDE symbol on the back, a Mickey head inside a circle. That indicates that the media is RFID.

If that isn't there, then yes, you'll have to stop at Guest Relations or a ticket window to exchange it for an RFID-capable ticket.

-Rob
Wow thanks everyone! that actually clears all.of my confusion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom