Power Rangers??

ctwhalerman

I may just be naive or stupid, but when did the Power Rangers become popular again? I remember their heyday when I was a kid, but I could not stand that show (I saw any show where the dialogue does not match the mouths as an insult). So do they have like a new show now, or do they just show the old ones and figured how to sucker bored kids into liking them again?

That said, I (sadly) loved the Ninja Turtles, complete with bedsheets, toys, and yes, waiting for hours to get their autographs back at MGM in 1992.

stitchcastle

I can't wait for the Power Ranger Stunt show. They are to MGM what Stitch is to MK and Nemo is to DL and EPCOT. They are the last new hits to come to the company so they have no choice but to overpromote them. (The Incredibles don't count because their numbers wasn't exactly as big as Nemo's and besides, the Power Rangers has a much larger following than the Increds)

MiRi

stitchcastle said:
I can't wait for the Power Ranger Stunt show. They are to MGM what Stitch is to MK and Nemo is to DL and EPCOT. They are the last new hits to come to the company so they have no choice but to overpromote them. (The Incredibles don't count because their numbers wasn't exactly as big as Nemo's and besides, the Power Rangers has a much larger following than the Increds)

Exactly. It's all business.

WDWKat26

Shanice said:
Was Kimberly there!? She was always my fave! haha

Haha! Tommy was always my favorite! Actually, none of the "Original" Power Rangers are there, it's just 1 ranger from the last 5 seasons (i.e. 1 from PR S.P.D, 1 from PR Time Force etc. etc.) and with every new season, the oldest ranger will be replaced with a ranger from the new season.

WDWKat26

Just read this on the cast website:

"Now, together for the first time, the heroic characters from five different seasons of the international phenomenon Power Rangers wow kids in their lightning-charged Morphing Car during the Disney Stars and Motor Cars parade.

The Power Rangers also thrill young fans at autograph and photo meeting places daily in the Theme Park. Featured are the Red, Green, Pink, Black and White Power Rangers from several incarnations of the action/adventure TV franchise: Power Rangers Time Force, Power Rangers Ninja Storm, Power Rangers Wild Force, Power Rangers DinoThunder and Power Rangers Space Patrol Delta.

The Power Rangers TV franchise features adventure, action, comedy and drama while teaching valuable lessons about the importance of working as a team. Power Rangers is seen daily during the Jetix action/adventure blocks — mornings on ABC Family and evenings on Toon Disney — and Saturday mornings during the ABC Kids daypart on ABC-TV. "

Edeyore

markc said:
Disney completely owns the Power Rangers at this point. The Power Rangers are part of BVS Entertainment Inc (Buena Vista), a subsidiary of Disney. BVS Entertainment was previously known as Saban Entertainment Inc. (Saban also owned the TV rights to Goosebumps, which were then transferred over to Disney, hence why there was a Goosebumps show at Disney MGM Studios.

So technically, the Power Rangers have just a right to be in the studios as does Mickey Mouse himself :lol:

Back in the early 90s they also had the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at
MGM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom