Power Rangers??

mrneon606

Original Poster
I had heard that the Power Rangers are in the Disney Studio Parade but now they are doing Meet and Greets. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is which ones are there and where can they be found.... Thanks

The_CEO

This is what I have heard also. It does seem a bit odd to hear and see them in a disney parks. Perhaps they belong somewhere like Universal.. But of all parks I'm glad they are only at MGM.

b21nhl

power rangers

the power rangers are in the parade. they also can be found on the end of new york street (streets of america)

DWGIRL

We were just there last week. They can be found at the end of New York Street in between the backlot tour and LMAX. I don't know their names but there was a pink one, a green one, a white one, a blue one and one other I don't recall. The kids loved them. They come and go in a Power Ranger car.

bgraham34

Did Disney Recently buy them or have they had them all along. If the latter is the case why were they introduced years ago when PR was bigger.

Disneyfan1981

Disney recently acquired them about two years ago? I have a friend who is a manager at the Disney Store and she was horrified by the entrance of the Power Rangers into the Disney family but even she admits they sell amazingly well to the young boys and at the holidays. Not really a surprise to me that they've been phased into the parks.

RnRJoe6114

The only connection between Power Rangers and Disney is that Power Rangers are shown on ABCFamily, which is ABC, which is owned by Disney.

WDWKat26

Believe it or not, the Power Rangers at the studios has been a HUGE success. Both boys and girls love them, and they think they're the coolest.

MartyMouse

I know a lot of people who are upset about the Power Rangers being part of Disney, but anyone who has seen that horrific Raven show on TDC has to admit that quality in Disney TV programming is at an all time low. I personally don’t see the problem with the Power Ranger at Disney/MGM (at least it’s only there) when the studios have hosted both the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Goosebumps (neither being a Disney Property) but the kids love it.

I for one thought that the Power Rangers were a poorly produced ultra violent Japanese rehash – but that was 10 years ago, so say what you want in today’s disposable world the Power Rangers at least have staying power, and that’s something Disney could use.

markc

Disney completely owns the Power Rangers at this point. The Power Rangers are part of BVS Entertainment Inc (Buena Vista), a subsidiary of Disney. BVS Entertainment was previously known as Saban Entertainment Inc. (Saban also owned the TV rights to Goosebumps, which were then transferred over to Disney, hence why there was a Goosebumps show at Disney MGM Studios.

So technically, the Power Rangers have just a right to be in the studios as does Mickey Mouse himself :lol:

markc

MartyMouse said:
when the studios have hosted both the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Goosebumps (neither being a Disney Property) but the kids love it.

The Turtles were a Disney property for awhile; Disney used to own DIC Entertainment, which was the production company that owned all rights to the Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles. DIC was sold off in 2000 though, and Disney no longer retains any rights to the shows that DIC owned.

MiRi

I am not a fan of the Power Rangers, but we gotta remember that Disney is a business and if it sells, then of course they're going to give the public more of what they want. Same goes for Stitch. (He rules!)

Geolinc

They are right near the Lights, Motors Action show. They have set times that they come out. My son loved seeing them along with all the other boys who were in the Studios the last week of April. There were 5 of them. Red SPD, Pink Time force, Green Ninja Storm, Silver Wild Force, and Blue ? I'll ask my 6 year old tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom