Potentially dumb stroller question

jedeye18

Hey folks. we are headed back to the World in 2 weeks for our 2nd trip in as many years with the 6 and 4 year old. Last year we rented strollers for 4 days. However, that gets pricey. We have a great 2 seat stroller that we would rather take along. My question is , are they allowed? I didnt think to look to see if anyone else had any 'outside' strollers last year (too much else going on!). We would much rather bring our own than have to pay for one. We are staying at the AS Movies; if that matters. Thanks!

WDWRLD

Avoid the stroller...make em walk. My son is now 7 and has been many many times and never had a stroller. The 4 year old might get tired but the 6 year old should be more than able to walk it all day.

Upvote 0

artbell2

For us people that walk..... Don't use your strollers to run over people's heels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you over the course of a day how many strollers ran behind my heels. I remember back several years ago (last time I was at WDW) after Illuminations it was like a whole brigade of them were after my heels. And yet there was no where for me to go.

Mike

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

You can BYOS, but I've seen more than one parent freak out over a personal stroller that SOMEHOW rolled away with someone else. Anyone know if there's a Lojack for strollers.

Upvote 0

StageFrenzy

it seems like every time i go with someone with strollers we spend more time trying to find a parking place than the kid spends in the stroller. (some parking is out of the way)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Rent vs. Bring Your Own. Staying at All Star Movies I could see the plus for both sides. However, if your stroller is big and bulky you may not want to deal with that on the All Star buses. It will be getting warm and it will be getting more crowded, you can get the multiday rental which knocks off the price but not by much. It's really a matter choice, but seeing as your only going to be there 4 days, I'd spend the money, rent the stroller and not have the bother of the trouble on the value buses in June.

Upvote 0
By all means, bring your own stroller. The biggest advantages I've found over renting are:

When you bring yours, you don't have to get in the stroller line once you get into the park. And:

On the walk from the park to your bus/car, you don't have to carry the wee ones.

Keep in mind you will have to fold a stroller to get on the bus which can be a bit of a hassle (as you then have to wake up and/or carry the kiddies) but one I've found to be well worth it.

Have a great trip!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

jesserin

Only you know your kids. If you feel they still need a stroller (which I don't blame you one bit! those days get long! ;)) Absolutely bring along your double. You'll find it priceless on long days and even longer nights in the parks. :)

Have Fun!

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

Bring your own..It is not that hard to fold up the stroller and carry it on the bus with you...

I have never had a problem with the stroller when I went at all..

have a Great time..:)

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Yes, you can bring you own stroller. We have brought our double stroller with us three years in a row. I couldn't imagine not having it because when they fell asleep we could recline their seats. The strollers you rent are hard and not very comfortable to sleep in, not to mention no were to put your stuff and it was very hard to locate because they all are the same. This year we hope to get away with not bringing it. My girls will be 6 and 4 at the time we go so I am hoping they will just walk and we can just take breaks when they need it.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

We always bring our own and it is much more comfy. I put a red ribbon on ours so we know which one it is in the great sea of strollers in Fantsy Land stroller parking. Have fun!

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Another vote for bringing your own stroller. Much easier than renting. Yes....they can be difficult on crowded buses. But I think the pros outweigh the cons. And alot of people will tell you your kids are too old for strollers....I say you know your kids best. My oldest was 5 1/2 our last trip and I still brought an umbrella stroller for him. Yes, he did walk alot of the time. But I can tell you that stroller came in handy LOTS of times and we never regretted having it. You might as well bring it. You can always leave it in your hotel room if you decide you don't need it.

Upvote 0
Another vote for bringing your own stroller. Much easier than renting. Yes....they can be difficult on crowded buses. But I think the pros outweigh the cons. And alot of people will tell you your kids are too old for strollers....I say you know your kids best. My oldest was 5 1/2 our last trip and I still brought an umbrella stroller for him. Yes, he did walk alot of the time. But I can tell you that stroller came in handy LOTS of times and we never regretted having it. You might as well bring it. You can always leave it in your hotel room if you decide you don't need it.

Yes, you will hear that and I agree with happymom...you know your kids best. Kids are not little adults...they're kids. An adult can put up with longer walks because they can grasp the concept of "there is an end to this eventually". When a kid is tired, it' not fun for him/her and therefore not fun for others in the party. Rent or bring, a stoller is a must for 6 and under (and even older, if you feel the need).

Upvote 0

princess noel

Hi,
We brought our double stroller from home last year and loved it! It was easier to find in the crowds of strollers and when our oldest was not in the stroller, it doubled as a place for misc. storage. We will definitely be bringing it for our next trip too! Your oldest will most likely want to walk but if yours are like ours, the trip back to the hotel was worth having our own. That way you are not trying to carry two tired kids back to the room! Have a great trip:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
We brought a double stroller once, and it was a nightmare! At the time our kids were ages 1 and 2, but even with them being so little, pushing them both in the same stroller was exhausting. It was SO heavy! Not to mention trying to maneuver around gift shops and crowds with such a large piece of machienery. That was a miserable trip, and I'd say about half of the misery was due to that darn stroller!

My kids are nearly 6 and nearly 4 right now and there's just no way I could push them 12 miles a day in a double stroller. My arms would fall off!

When we go next week we're going to be bringing 2 single umbrella strollers and using them sparingly. They will probably only be used at Epcot where there is more walking than the other parks and we won't be taking a break that day. The kids are big enough now to where they can walk most of the other parks so long as we aren't overdoing it.

We've never rented strollers. We always bring our own.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

I actually read (either on this site or one of the other Disney forums) that a family used a limo service (pre-DME) from the airport to their resort. While at the complimentary grocery stop, they bought a cheap folding stroller, used it for the duration of their trip then left it at the resort when they checked out. Buying and discarding was cheaper than renting day by day for them.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

The biggest advantages I've found over renting are:

When you bring yours, you don't have to get in the stroller line once you get into the park.
Keep in mind that anyone renting for more than one day should be taking advantage of the multi-day discount, in which you get rental passes for each day you pre-pay for. With an unused rental pass in-hand, you skip the pay line (which is the long lines you see) and go directly to the pick-up area. Personally, I've never waited in the pick-up "line" for more than about 8 seconds, as it's a continuous service of empty strollers; I can't even call it a line without putting it in quotation marks because I've never seen a true "line" at the pick-up area.
slappy magoo said:
You can BYOS, but I've seen more than one parent freak out over a personal stroller that SOMEHOW rolled away with someone else. Anyone know if there's a Lojack for strollers.
Although I'm sure thefts occur, I'm also sure they're exceedingly rare. What's VERY common, however, is parents leave strollers in inappropriate places (inappropriate by WDW standards), and CMs specifically charged with the task will go and rearrange and park the strollers. When the parents come out later, they can freak out because the stroller isn't where they left it. It's not "missing," it's just not where they left it.

Upvote 0

JDM

Hey folks. we are headed back to the World in 2 weeks for our 2nd trip in as many years with the 6 and 4 year old. Last year we rented strollers for 4 days. However, that gets pricey. We have a great 2 seat stroller that we would rather take along. My question is , are they allowed? I didnt think to look to see if anyone else had any 'outside' strollers last year (too much else going on!). We would much rather bring our own than have to pay for one. We are staying at the AS Movies; if that matters. Thanks!

Strollers are a scourge across the land and must be stopped!!

Seriously, your kids are old enough to walk, even if that means taking rest breaks. Not only will there be one less "battering ram with wheels" in the park, but you will be free of the stroller parking hassles, which I overheard MANY parents stressing about. And that will be especially worrisome if it's your personal stroller.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom