Potential WDW 50th Anniversary CD Release And/Or Box Set?

ElvisMickey

Original Poster
With the Disney Parks Blog posting a teaser yesterday of the WDW 50th anniversary merchandise, it got me wondering if there are any plans to release a either a double CD or comprehensive box set, like what Disneyland did for their 50th anniversary. I've seen rumblings on a couple of sites, including the one that shall not be named, that there isn't, which would be a huge downer. I know many of us own these tracks already but an official release would be great. Is anyone here "in the know" where they've officially heard either way?

DaGoof00

Most music isn't through CD's these days, I would be surprised. But it wouldn't be unreasonable to put a digital album on iTunes or another downloadable/streaming service. I would definitely be skeptical of a CD though.

ElvisMickey

Original Poster
Most music isn't through CD's these days, I would be surprised. But it wouldn't be unreasonable to put a digital album on iTunes or another downloadable/streaming service. I would definitely be skeptical of a CD though.
Agreed, but they were still releasing The Legacy Collection on CD and digital just two years ago. There are a lot of folks out there who still like to collect box sets and things like that, especially if it’s packaged nicely, comes with a spiffy book, etc. And the 50th anniversary definitely calls for something like that.

Robbiem

I’d love something like this. I have the Disneyland 50th and 64 worlds fair sets and they are great. If they do do a WDW set make it different to theDisneyland one though. Soundtracks to things like the peoplemover, monorails, dreamflight, hall of presidents, epcot pavillions, GMR, TOT etc would be great

ElvisMickey

Original Poster
I’d love something like this. I have the Disneyland 50th and 64 worlds fair sets and they are great. If they do do a WDW set make it different to theDisneyland one though. Soundtracks to things like the peoplemover, monorails, dreamflight, hall of presidents, epcot pavillions, GMR, TOT etc would be great
I have both of those as well! Two of the best box sets I own in general, not just from Disney. It will seriously be a shame if they overlook something like this for the 50th. And totally agree with you in regards to what should be included.

ElvisMickey

Original Poster
That might be more likely than a CD release if they do release anything special. They've even got a separate website that sells Disney music and it seems like they have more vinyl than CDs.
The Disneyland box set that they put together for their 50th anniversary in 2005 included 6 CDs of full attraction ride throughs, plus a vinyl release in the same box set of one of the first Disneyland LPs. Something similar would be awesome 😍

hismattjesty

The Disneyland box set that they put together for their 50th anniversary in 2005 included 6 CDs of full attraction ride throughs, plus a vinyl release in the same box set of one of the first Disneyland LPs. Something similar would be awesome 😍
Probably one of the best and most creative audio releases in recent decades. In my opinion, rivaled by only the "Treasures of Fantasy" releases from Tokyo Disneyland.

ElvisMickey

Original Poster
Probably one of the best and most creative audio releases in recent decades. In my opinion, rivaled by only the "Treasures of Fantasy" releases from Tokyo Disneyland.
Yes! It almost makes me wonder if Disney had something like this planned but they just couldn’t get it done due to COVID…

VJ

The Disneyland 60th "set" was made up entirely of previously-released audio.

The chances of a WDW box set are nil, and the fact that releasing parks audio outside of Japan has been the lowest of priorities for Disney in the past 10 years should clue you into that.

It's just not happening, folks.

lakelandmusic

The Disneyland 60th "set" was made up entirely of previously-released audio.

The chances of a WDW box set are nil, and the fact that releasing parks audio outside of Japan has been the lowest of priorities for Disney in the past 10 years should clue you into that.

It's just not happening, folks.
Are ya sure lol

lakelandmusic

yes, unless you know something i don't

I am extremely interested and simultaneously hesitant to buy this for $500 lol

Chip Chipperson

I think the other poster was talking about a box set of music. The set available for pre-sale doesn't have any records or CDs included.

VJ

I was talking about a CD box set, and I don't think that box set contains any sort of CD.

aladdin2007

Would love to see it, but they haven't released a park cd in a while. Doubt they are headed back there in this streaming day,

Their loss, they could make a mint, plenty of people still like collecting physical items like that, they could have at least done a vinyl record specifically for the parks. (I don't mean the one in the D23 set either)... Disney doesn't do half of what it could.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom