Potential Major Hurricane Idalia Possibly to Impact Central/Northern Florida 8/29

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Original Poster
205449_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Last edited:

monothingie

Premium Member
Original Poster
Global models are disagreeing. Nothing formal from NHC yet.

European Model is showing a TS or Weak Cat 1 going into Central/Northern Eastern Florida.

GFS is showing a weak Tropical Depression into the same area.

monothingie

Premium Member
Original Poster
NHC has updated and recognized the storm system as Invest 93.

monothingie

Premium Member
Original Poster
Many models are pointing at a possible landfall towards the Florida panhandle.
It's still too early to tell how this will play out.

While SST is favorable for rapid storm development once it gets into the open waters of the gulf, there is a large amount of wind shear prevalent in that same area which would significantly hamper storm intensification.

The latest run of the GFS model for the first time developed the system into an organized storm centered on Panama City and the Panhandle. The European is favoring north of Tampa but slower. This will likely fluctuate with every model run.

NHC track maps likely soon.

monothingie

Premium Member
Original Poster
Note that the storm will be entering an area unfavorable for intensification.

1692987126281.png

1692987140433.png

scpergj

Definietly don't want a storm, but we can certainly use some rain over here. Hope it stays week and helps give us some relief.
We are pretty dry in the western suburbs of Jacksonville.

been watching this one for a few days now - currently looks like rain and winds - not tropical storm strength. That remains to be seen however.

vikescaper

As a resident of St. Petersburg that is currently on vacation in Minnesota and will be returning to FL in time for this to hit, I really hope it does not develop into a strong storm. I should have prepared before I left but I didn’t. ☹️

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The bad news is there won't be any Publix Hurricane Cakes. Seriously it's an expected phenomenon that occurs yearly.

TheMaxRebo

We leave for WDW tomorrow.... obviously when we choose to travel this time of year we know storms are a possibility - we have Party tickets for Tuesday and that would be the one big disappointment for me if the weather then was bad enough to cancel the entertainment, etc (I know, thinking selfishly)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom