POTC ReTheming at Disneyland.

Lauriebar said:
It doesn't matter what time of day the actual storyline takes place. The change will happen when the "outside world" goes from day to dark. For instance, starting at 6:00pm every night, the ride will switch from the classic PotC storyline to a different, more menecing Curse of the Black Pearl version.

Ahhh... So the storyline will be different without being different. :rolleyes:

xfkirsten

I LOVE this idea! :) As others have said, it's a huge time and money investment, but if it's done right, it's the kind of attraction that the locals love. And for families with small children and those who hate the change, the ride is just the same during the night as it is during the day. This plan may be a long shot, but I'm pulling for it!

imagineer boy

I love this idea! Its a change to the attraction, but not perminately changing it. Perhaps to stop the head aches at guest relations, they could have some sort of system like "board the red boats to travel into the classic attraction and board the black boats to go into the Black Pearl version." It could just work. Sounds excelent!

DarkMeasures

Sounds Interesting but there are definitly going to be problems and not just with Disneyana fans. It will really affect people who visit the park for the night.

Mort2

Hey all:

I'm new to this board, but as I posted in another site, I just gotta say that even if this turns out some piece of fiction that was fed to Jim Hill, or that it turns out to be impractical due to space limitations, that idea is the most inspired, creative vision for a Disney attraction in decades. And I am a card-carrying POC purist.

Unbelievably, fantastically brilliant.

And also, regarding the potential problems of day v. night versions, don't forget that by the time this happens (if ever) D'land will have years of experience of dealing with the issue due to the new Space Mountain. Plus you'll also have a public that's been educated on the fact that some rides are different at night.

HauntedSquirrel

I'm definately a purist, not wanting to see changes to the original rides, but this definately has me excited. It's inspiring to see them making a change, but not effecting the original ride, so we will still have the original ride, but then also have a new ride at night. I can imagine people complaining about the new ride, but people never pay attention now anyways. I can't wait to see how this is going to play out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom