POTC Replace Lamp?

brent2124

Original Poster
I did a thread search and couldnt find any info so someone hear hopefully has seen this before and knows about it.

I rode POTC about a month ago and after the drop on the left wall, just past the pirate ship launching canons, the words "replace lamp" appeared in the sky. I rode it this morning and it wasnt there. So does anyone know what it is or why its there?

kirksheppard

Obviously a bulb was burnt out or something technical and that is how the cast members are notified..... replace lamp means someone needs to replace the lamp/bulb...

At least that seems like the most logical, simplest answer to me?

brent2124

Original Poster
That was my thought at first as well. Execpt it was in very large letters very visible to all guests and in the general area you would be looking in the scene.:shrug:

City Hall

This type of message is typically displayed when a video projector (such as one used to create a subtle moving clouds effect) automatically detects it is in need of maintenance. While it is bad show, I'm glad to hear it was corrected in a timely manner. It is great how new technology can be added to make a more immersive experience, but as with all things high-tech it comes with certain compromises. If anyone sees a giant Windows logo above the Wicked Wench, then I'll be worried. :brick: Thanks for sharing.

Since1976

This type of message is typically displayed when a video projector (such as one used to create a subtle moving clouds effect) automatically detects it is in need of maintenance. While it is bad show, I'm glad to hear it was corrected in a timely manner. It is great how new technology can be added to make a more immersive experience, but as with all things high-tech it comes with certain compromises. If anyone sees a giant Windows logo above the Wicked Wench, then I'll be worried. :brick: Thanks for sharing.

Perhaps they should replace the words with something more pirate-y? I bet the "replace lamp" message is part of some off-the-shelf projector system, so it may actually not be that simple to change.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Perhaps they should replace the words with something more pirate-y? I bet the "replace lamp" message is part of some off-the-shelf projector system, so it may actually not be that simple to change.

Yep they do use mass produced projectors. I had a close up look at the system in Nemo and they were using a LOT of Panasonic and Toshiba projectors. I would doubt you can change that wording.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom