POTC Rehab (April)

andrewwood

Original Poster
Thats great my son is really looking forward to Pirates
We are making the trip from Australia and he is right into pirates, it would be a shame to miss it, we probaly wont ever have the opportunity to visit Disney again. Thanks

makonyy15

I didn't look for them, but I know that the other pirates thread said that there was some skepticism that developed even after this was published. It's most likely true that it will be open in April, however there still is some uncertainty, so you may want to continue asking around for confirmation.

goofyfan13

makonyy15 said:
I didn't look for them, but I know that the other pirates thread said that there was some skepticism that developed even after this was published. It's most likely true that it will be open in April, however there still is some uncertainty, so you may want to continue asking around for confirmation.

I'm guessing this isn't going to be something that's "confirmed" like an new attraction gets confirmed. It makes sense for them to open the ride back up in April though considering that spring break packs in the guests, if I remember correctly, MK was open 8-12 last year, and had Morning and Evening EMH.

But like you said, nothing is "officially" confirmed unless you hear it straight from Disney. But if it's on this site, you can feel pretty good about the chances, Steve is a very reliable source and doesn't put stuff on the site unless there is credible evidence to back it up. :wave:

makonyy15

Indeed, I'd never doubt Steve, it's just one of those things that may be subjective if something isn't done, ie repainting, on time. But yes, very likely it will be open.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I agree - it's probably a matter of something going amiss to keep it closed. When you're doing an overhaul/refurb you never quite know what you're going to find until you find it.

Along those lines, Disney has been very concious of crowd levels during rehabs and such lately. The Nemo project is a prime example as it keeps opening and closing throughout the refurbishment.

tirian

Officially, PotC is currently closed for "Rehab." If all goes as planned, it will reopen for spring break, then close again for an "Overlay."

Yes, you read that correctly. Disney has termed the two phases "Rehab" and "Overlay."

Mecha Figment

Officialy Cast memebers are not suppose to be divulging any information in regards to an april opening. In fact the dates have been removed from the Team portal and many signs that have stated these dates have disapeared from buletin boards. So basicaly it's a hit or miss. if the rehab goes as planed it might, but my guess is that it probably won't open, since they have some very complicated AA's that have to be integrated with a primeval AA system. My guess is it wont open to allow time to fix any bugs.

Mecha Figment said:
Officialy Cast memebers are not suppose to be divulging any information in regards to an april opening. In fact the dates have been removed from the Team portal and many signs that have stated these dates have disapeared from buletin boards. So basicaly it's a hit or miss. if the rehab goes as planed it might, but my guess is that it probably won't open, since they have some very complicated AA's that have to be integrated with a primeval AA system. My guess is it wont open to allow time to fix any bugs.

Excellent. Opening it in the middle of such a big refurb would be dumb.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
Excellent. Opening it in the middle of such a big refurb would be dumb.

Once again, no real understanding of how a theme park works, and another bit of "wisdom" from GB. Keeping in mind the reason that WDW is open is for the greatest guest experience. There are a lot of people who save up their entire lives for one trip to Walt Disney World, or many people who enjoy Spring Break for their first trip. How do you think both of these groups of people will enjoy seeing Pirates of the Caribbean closed? Now, don't get me wrong, I want Imagineering to spend good time getting a quality product, but I enjoyed that they were thinking of the guests who visit WDW and were shooting for an April opening. Now, I also understand some of the circumstances as explained to me as to why that may or may not be possible.

It is not "dumb" that they were trying to do something for the guests, Ghostbuster. And, when I say guests, that means more than the spoiled brats who visit more than once a year who have no appreciation for the guests who don't get their parents to pay for a trip. If you want a Disney park that has to answer to its annual passholders for every little thing, you would be happier at DLR, WDW belongs to the world, and the appreciation of everyone who comes, "whether it be your first time or your fiftieth."

tirian

Hopelessly cynical response, but correct. :lol:

If all goes as planned, PotC will reopen in time for spring break, which is the second-busiest "season" of the year, behind Christmas (July 4th is a day, not a season).

Ghostbuster626, PotC's reopening really has nothing to do with the quality of refurbishment. IaSW had to be gutted because of asbestos problems; PotC apparently doesn't share this concern, and can be refurbished faster. Furthermore, don't forget that the pirates are constantly being replaced during normal operation. Disney doesn't need to replace all of them at once. The "Overlay" phase lasts longer than general refurbishment because it will involve much more than a general clean-and-bright.

As we all know, PotC will be quite impressive once it's done. Disney isn't closing it this long for nothing! :)

tirian said:
Ghostbuster626, PotC's reopening really has nothing to do with the quality of refurbishment. IaSW had to be gutted because of asbestos problems; PotC apparently doesn't share this concern, and can be refurbished faster. Furthermore, don't forget that the pirates are constantly being replaced during normal operation. Disney doesn't need to replace all of them at once. The "Overlay" phase lasts longer than general refurbishment because it will involve much more than a general clean-and-bright.

As we all know, PotC will be quite impressive once it's done. Disney isn't closing it this long for nothing! :)

Ah ok thanks for the information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom