Potc Opening Weekend

WDWFREAK12

Original Poster
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if they were going to be doing anything special about the pirates opening on that July Weekend?
Thanks,
WDWFREAK12

Lee

Adventurer
Last I heard, could have changed since then, there was nothing major planned.
The ride will open with the park just like normal.

Skippy

Weren't there plans for some shnazzy (yes shnazzy) things to go with Disneyland's re-opening?

(I know this isn't the same as WDW, but I'm just curious)

CThaddeus

They are having the premiere of POTC 2 around the Rivers of America and there will undoubtedly be a big bash for the stars invited to attend. The Park will be closed to us regular folk during that time, however.

NADisney

I was in WDW when the first movie was released in theaters. As we exited the POTC ride that day ,they gave away free movie posters - hats- and reproduction plastic coins. I have them all still and use them to decorate a small corner of the house around Halloween time along with pirate skelletions and snowglobes based on the ride.:sohappy:

Hopefully, when we are there again this July 7th ,they will have free stuff again to collect - as I recall, we left the park with 6 to 8 posters ,lol.
:lol: :wave:

The Quest!

yep ill be there as well :).....this will surely be the greatest day ever.....my plans are to go MK in the morning and hit the new ride, then go to disneyquest and go on the virtual potc ride, and then top off the night by going to AMC theaters to see the movie !!!!

ballewclan

Haha so many people from here are going to be there!

I'll be the 15 year old guy with another guy friend walking around. So just say "HEY YOU!" and watch me run. :lookaroun

On a side note...I just realized that we went 2 days after the origional POTC opening and were going again 2 days after POTC2. Scary huh? I hope they have more of those quatro-fold posters!

relloron

From what I heard they had the movie premier at Disneyland which unfortunatly we could not go to so my mom called in and asked if there was anything going on at Disneyworld.

They said that on July 7 (the day the ride opens and the movie comes out) that they would be holding some sort of a 'premier'. If it's just for the ride or if they'll do something special he would not specify. He said he could not release any of that information.

Sorry that, that was the long story. Or if it doesn't help. Just thought you might like to hear it.

But we're going for a week starting that day. Me and my parents that is. Then we might head to downtown disney later that night to see the movie. :)

JROK

So it sounds like my friends and I should get there at 8am or so to wait at the gate so we can be on the first boat to journey into the new experience... and also we need to purchase our tickets for the movie before hand so they don't sell out at Downtown Disney... See you all there!!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom