Potato Head Parts....

Jessica Meier

So since I have both a 5 year old (or soon to be)and now also a classroom full of 3 to 4 year olds, I was thinking that a great way to get some souvenirs is to do the potato head box fill up at Downtown Disney. Any advice???

Disvillain63

i bought the large potato head to fill and the CM helped me get all the pieces in the container. I bought the potato head bodies at Walmart and only added parts to the big potato head container. My kids (classroom) love him. We change them for seasons and I use it as a reward.

Another nice souvenir is to purchase Mickey straws. They're 50 cents each and I usually purchase them from Roaring Forks at WL. I love to see the CM's face when I go and say I need...36 straws or 42 straws...or the year I bought them for other teachers too...96 straws.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I would advise just cramming in as many pieces into the box as possible and buying a regular MR. Potatohead at Wal-mart or something. If you pack the box well you can fit in almost all the pieces they offer in each style.

Upvote 0

awoogala

So since I have both a 5 year old (or soon to be)and now also a classroom full of 3 to 4 year olds, I was thinking that a great way to get some souvenirs is to do the potato head box fill up at Downtown Disney. Any advice???
Do not buy a potato head. Only the parts that go with it. The head itself takes up too much space. Big parts frst- tiny parts last, shaking to "fill". Ask a castmember to do it for you- they have skills on filling it with every part...lol. Tell them what it's for- and they will be awesome. :)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Aye,yer a chip off the old block..:rolleyes:..I remember walking into Once upon a Toy in downtown,my DS, then aged 6 shouted out.." Look dad,Mr Potato head." I started looking around expecting to see someone with a head resembling a potato.:oops:..Whit!!!...Give me a break..I was new to Disney back then..Anyway I've a friend whose wife's nickname is Deer..( not a spelling error ) It's deer this and deer that..I asked why he gave her that nickname,and he told me she took off her crash helmet one day ( she's got a 500cc bike ) And her hair resembled a set of Reindeer antlers,so he nicknamed her " Deer ":jawdrop:

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

OK, I'm about to sound like a total cheapskate here, but I've done this twice and I know what I'm talking about. The key to this procedure is to view the box like you would a puzzle. Each piece allows another piece to fit precisely within a clump that maximizes the amount of pieces that you acquire. The key to this is patience. If you have the time, begin by filling the potato. Then place it within the container, and begin to fill in the spaces around its base. Then work your way up the sides until you reach the top level and fill in every bit of airspace until the maximum level is reached. Remember all the way up; puzzle.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom