Posts not showing up

johndoh

Original Poster
I’ve been a member for quite some time but I’m more of a reader than a poster. I have noticed that when I reply or post something 3 things usually happen in random:
1) My reply/ post is immediately posted.
2) My reply/ post will be reviewed by the admin and is posted short time later.
3) My reply/ post will be reviewed by the admin and is never posted.

Yesterday, I finally got the courage to post a PTR for an upcoming trip in less than a month away and I spent a good amount of time typing it up and it still hasn’t been posted and it’s been about 24hrs. Is there a typical delay in new topics getting posted in the forums?

The Mom

Premium Member
Sometimes, if a post is unusually large with a lot of text and photos it is perceived as spam by the censor. Think about the "how to download" spam we get on a daily basis - most gets blocked, but sometimes it sneaks through. :lol:

Unfortunately, your post was "caught" and blocked. Asking about it here is the best way to resolve the issue - I try to check for any accidental blocks, but often miss a few. :eek:

johndoh

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick response. Makes sense now. For future reference, should I expect my upcoming TR posts to be potentially blocked as well? So I should post here if I see that there's delay with the posts?

The Mom

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick response. Makes sense now. For future reference, should I expect my upcoming TR posts to be potentially blocked as well? So I should post here if I see that there's delay with the posts?

I'll keep an eye out, but post here if we miss them. I don't understand why some legitimate posts are blocked, while some obvious spam gets through. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom