Poster Contest #5 - Mickey's Philharmagic OR Great Movie Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well... after much thinking, I know I had promised Grizz this contest, however, I feel the most of you are burnt out from the previous Philharmagic Contest, not to mention, Gregory (the previous winner) wanted Great Movie Ride...

so you get a choice..

Mickey's Philharmagic OR Great Movie Ride.

Here's the rules:

Size: must be 480 pixels wide x 720 pixels high, 72 dpi. If it is not within these parameters, IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. (notice the word must).

Formats: same as always, JPG, GIF, or PNG.

Topics: Mickey's Philharmagic or Great Movie Ride. If it it Mickey's Philharmagic, it must not bear any resemblance to a wallpaper entry, other than logos/character art.

Deadline: Sunday, June 13 2004, 11:59PM EST.

Good luck to everyone, and let the contest begin!

SirNim

Well yes, I'm burnt out from Philharmagic, so I'll do a GMR poster...

Hmm... Interesting... But I have an idea... :lol:

mrtoad

Oh yeah, I am gonna shred the competition just like I did in the last contest! :lol:

SirNim

I'm working on mine right now, and might I say, it's coming out way better than I expected... I'm actually impressing myself... :lol: But... I don't know if I'll be able to see the project through completion... :)

SirNim

I make no promises...

:lol:

Eh... I'm bound to make a few changes here and there to this thing... But... I finished it... :lol:

:)

Attachments

• gmrsirnim-small1.png
    gmrsirnim-small1.png
    423.5 KB · Views: 279

Gregory

Re: Re: Poster Contest #5 - Mickey's Philharmagic OR Great Movie Ride

Originally posted by imagineer99
*looks at last contest winner*

...ahem...cough...ahem...;) :lookaroun

:lookaroun Previous winner? I'll take it :)

Sadly, I've never won a contest before (except avatar contests...) Though I must admit I'm flattered that MKT thinks that my entries are first-place worthy ;)

Oh, and great entry Sir Nim... I'm sick of Philarmagic, as well... Yours is semi-similar to mine... but not too close :)

Anyways- will we be able to make one for each? Will the two topics be in separate polls? And how would one follow the DPI rule (like, how do we make sure our entry qualifies)? Thanks :)

Gregory

Well, I decided to redo mine... Of course, its not much better now, but at least its a bit less like SirNims...

Anyways... I think I may redo this again, and make it a bit more like a movie poster.. but who knows... we'll have to see how much time I have...

Anyways, here we go... enjoy :)

EDIT!!! ENTRY CHANGED- SEE BELOW!!

imagineer99

WOW! Sir Nim if that is handdrawn, I am simply speechless....AMAZING...

Gregory not too shabby either...WELL DONE!:sohappy:

*changed entry*

Gregory

Hmm... well, after seeing SirNims, mine looks pretty cruddy... So I'll be doing a lot of work on it :)

Gregory

OK... heres my all new, totally improved entry...

Originally, I was going to do the theater in detail, but, after consulting google images (as well as realising that I couldn't compare to SirNim in a million years), I decided that Disney seemed to keep the Attraction posters very simple... So, I decided on just an outline... :)

But, I think that this looks a lot like the old-fashion Disneyland (not too many WDW ones to look at) attraction posters, which is the look I was going for... I'll probably add a slogan or something later, but for now... here we go!

EDIT: Heres the final entry... I made the previously one-pixel lines, drawn in Paint, into a thicker, more "Attraction Poster"-like size... Enjoy :)

Attachments

• the great move ride 2.png
    the great move ride 2.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 153

SirNim

Wow, Gregory! :sohappy: That's really Hollywood-Retro... That's wonderful! :sohappy: :sohappy: Embodies the spirit of the Studios!

Gregory

Originally posted by SirNim
Wow, Gregory! :sohappy: That's really Hollywood-Retro... That's wonderful! :sohappy: :sohappy: Embodies the spirit of the Studios!

Hmm... well.... Its getting there... it will never be half as good as yours... But then again, most of the images that come out of Disney aren't, either :)

Well, I think I'll add shading or something... it looks to plain like this... :)

Thanks, though, for the compliment :)

Main Street USA

Originally posted by SirNim
I make no promises...

:lol:

Eh... I'm bound to make a few changes here and there to this thing... But... I finished it... :lol:

:)

Did a little drawing with the polygonal lasso tool, did we? lol

Nicely done. :)

SirNim

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Did a little drawing with the polygonal lasso tool, did we? lol

Nicely done. :)
Thanks Zac! Yes... the polygonal lasso is quickly becoming my new best friend - that, along with the pattern stamp tool.... :lol:

The marquee came out way better than I expected... :lol:

SirNim

Originally posted by Gregory
Well, I think I'll add shading or something... it looks to plain like this... :)
Shading might help... :lol: But the basic style/idea is still wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom