Poster Concept #1 (Jungle Cruise v.1)

ObscurityPoint

Original Poster
Hey guys! To build up on my portfolio I decided to begin working on custom poster artwork revolving around Disney and various theme parks. These are all my custom designs, and I plan on integrating each one from a simple sketch to a detailed poster using various methods, colors, and types of paper. I plan to make similar posters for other attractions at Disney, Cedar Point, and even attractions of my own making. I am basing my art style off of the more “complex” poster designs of Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates, instead of the simpler art-deco look many of the Disneyland attraction posters have. With that said, here is my first sketch for a Jungle Cruise poster that I plan to redraw into the new phase to scan.
Btw, does anyone know of good online art programs that would be ideal for perfecting these sort of details off a scanned image and coloring them to make a professional-looking poster? Thanks, and I’m open to critiques about the overall design.

Attachments

• 8F490159-A36C-4346-AABF-BB3EFD2026B1.jpeg
    8F490159-A36C-4346-AABF-BB3EFD2026B1.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 89

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Hey guys! To build up on my portfolio I decided to begin working on custom poster artwork revolving around Disney and various theme parks. These are all my custom designs, and I plan on integrating each one from a simple sketch to a detailed poster using various methods, colors, and types of paper. I plan to make similar posters for other attractions at Disney, Cedar Point, and even attractions of my own making. I am basing my art style off of the more “complex” poster designs of Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates, instead of the simpler art-deco look many of the Disneyland attraction posters have. With that said, here is my first sketch for a Jungle Cruise poster that I plan to redraw into the new phase to scan.
Btw, does anyone know of good online art programs that would be ideal for perfecting these sort of details off a scanned image and coloring them to make a professional-looking poster? Thanks, and I’m open to critiques about the overall design.
That looks amazing!! I know @spacemt354 has always highly recommended Paint.net

Here's a thread that has a lot of tips on the program, though it might be a bit outdated by now. @MonorailRed or @D Hindley might have more current tips.

Noticed the thread was originally started by @englanddg in 2014 and they've been popping in to say hi a few places lately lol. England might have some advice too

Voxel

President of Progress City
This is an amazing piece of work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom