Postcard Travel Time

TrentMom

Original Poster
Hi all. I just had a question about sending a postcard from your resort to home. On May 9th, I mailed 6 postcards to New Jersey. On May 15, one person received theirs. On May 22, one more person received theirs. Now here it is the 25th, 16 days later and the others have not been received yet. I know they say it takes longer for Disney mail, but this is absurd. Did anyone else have this problem?

Trentmom
Next Trip 11/25/07 :xmas:

Darwin

Sounds like an issue with the post office. I wouldn't think Disney postcard would take any longer than any other, but I guess if there is a really cool picture on it, the workers at the post office might sit and look at it for a while. :lol:

jmvd20

I mailed cards from WDW last tuesday and everyone received them by saturday. Sounds like something got messed up with yours. Either at WDW or by the USPS.

crazygirley

I'm up here in Michigan. I usually mail mine on the first or second day. It takes about two weeks for the postcards to make it from WDW to Michigan. It's ridiculous. I'm mailing them AT a post office in Orlando this time.

TrentMom

Original Poster
:D That is funny about the post office taking too long for staring at the ones with cool pics...I could see maybe something happening to one of them, but 4...that is ridiculous....Do you think maybe they could have got stuck in the mailbox?

Trentmom

#1DizGal

crazygirley said:
I'm up here in Michigan. I usually mail mine on the first or second day. It takes about two weeks for the postcards to make it from WDW to Michigan. It's ridiculous. I'm mailing them AT a post office in Orlando this time.
Same here - mail the day I arrive, and it usually takes 2 weeks to deliver to Illinois. Must be something about the midwest, eh?

Teenchy

Darwin said:
Sounds like an issue with the post office. I wouldn't think Disney postcard would take any longer than any other, but I guess if there is a really cool picture on it, the workers at the post office might sit and look at it for a while. :lol:

I was just thinking that. Not that the postal workers have the time...but it must be tempting to look at or read some of the post cards that pass through the post office. I bet they have some stories.:D

Ringo8n24

It took about 2 weeks for postcards to get back to Mississippi when I mailed the postcards from WDW. However, the next time we drove to the Orlando post office to mail them and they arrived before we even got back home in 7 days. I am not sure what the deal is with WDW's postal time.

swimmom

I got some mail trays from the Post Office once and found a post card in it that never reached it's destination. In my office we receive about 40,000 post cards to verify residency. Some come in plastic bags with a note from the Post Office appologizing for the mishap. When we do a second mailing for unreturned cards, we get a lot of calls that they already mailed their card, but we never received it. They could have been so destroyed at the Post Office that there was no way to determine where it was going or where it was from. With the amount of mail that the Post Office handles, these things are bound to happen.

A solution to this would be to put them in an envelope. You could even address the envelopes & put stamps on them before you leave home.

FYI - I put the post card I found in the mail tray in an envelope with a note and mailed it.

TrentMom

Original Poster
Thanks Swimom. That is a great idea about putting them in an envelope.

Yes, whoever that was in an earlier post, I did put stamps on them:lol:

It just really makes me mad, that I spent the money on post cards that I knew my friends and family would like, wrote a little story and now there is nothing to show for it...oh well.:brick:

Next trip I am staying off site with my brother in law and I will just mail my post cards from their local post office...

Trentmom

kasey1988

I had the same experiance! I was staying at the ASMO resort and mailed out 6 post cards as well on Monday May 8th and only one post card has arrived so far! Just curious what resort did you stay at? maybe there was amix up at the resort

Darwin

The funny thing about postcard is that, well, I don't know about other rides but on the rock'n'roller coaster at MGM takes your picture when you take off. I alway try to do a funny pose. I once had my cheeks puffed out and my hand over my mouth as if I were about to vomit, and then I bought the picture as a postcard and sent it to my family. I bet postal workers had a good time sending that one through. :lol:

TrentMom

Original Poster
kasey1988 said:
I had the same experiance! I was staying at the ASMO resort and mailed out 6 post cards as well on Monday May 8th and only one post card has arrived so far! Just curious what resort did you stay at? maybe there was amix up at the resort

Hey Kasey. We were at All Star Movies, too....Maybe something did happen. Who can we call to check on that? Can we speak to someone at All Star Movies or is there another department to call, anyone?

Trentmom

kasey1988

im not sure, i dont think the front desk would be able to help because its a postal problem. I mailed them all out the same day so you would think they would all arrive around the same time (we mailed them all to the same city). Maybe we didnt put enough postage on them? I purchased what the clerk told me .60 for each post card and .63 for the odd shaped one (the only one that has arrived so far). I guess we will have to wait and see next week what happens.. Any one else have any suggestions on what we could do?

TrentMom

Original Poster
One more of my postcards finally showed up..so that makes 4 and two more to go....LOL

3 wks deliver time...that is crazy:hammer:

Trentmom

bgraham34

Postcards for me have always taken for ever. I sent one from Hawaii on the second day i was there. I got home 10 days later and still no postcard. My parents got the postcard a week after that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom