Post-Easter Week

disneydentist

Help me out here folks. Our usual trip time is the fall. We know everything about going between labor day and early Dec. We are seriously thinking about going the week after Easter, actually arriving the day before Easter. We fully expect the crowds to be miserable on Sat, Sun, and Mon. Someone else posted that only one of the FL counties right near WDW has off school that week. Does anyone have any direct experience with crowds the week after Easter? Given the number of closed resorts it should be less than other years but we'd welcome any input on it's "normally" like. Thanks in advance.:)

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by disneydentist
Help me out here folks. Our usual trip time is the fall. We know everything about going between labor day and early Dec. We are seriously thinking about going the week after Easter, actually arriving the day before Easter. We fully expect the crowds to be miserable on Sat, Sun, and Mon. Someone else posted that only one of the FL counties right near WDW has off school that week. Does anyone have any direct experience with crowds the week after Easter? Given the number of closed resorts it should be less than other years but we'd welcome any input on it's "normally" like. Thanks in advance.:)

My children have both Easter monday and tuesday off, so if I were going out of town, I might be tempted to take the rest of the week off. I'm afraid it might be just as crowded the week after Easter as the week before! (which is historically really, really crowded!...2nd only to the week between Christmas and New Year's, which was as crowded as ever this year!)

Upvote 0

marcus

I usually go the week after Easter as well. Last year I thought I would beat the crowds and go a few weeks before Easter. I caught Florida's public school spring break and the crowds were WORSE than the crowds during the week after Easter. This year, I am going back the week after Easter. With the hotel closures (I had planned on staying at PO-FQ and was moved to PO-RS) the crowds have to be somewhat smaller this year. Besides, the extended hours at the parks offset the larger crowds to some extent.

Upvote 0

Bdis86

Account Suspended
According to Disney, the crowds will be most crowded at the parks the week of 3-23 to 3-31. Extended hours will be used that week also. Disney decides this using Sarasota's School District Calendar. At least they have for the last 15 years. Thus, this week will be using extended hours, which only go to 11p.m this year.

Upvote 0

marcus

That's what I suspected, and you, bdis86, obviously know best. Is ther any way for us lay people to get this kind of info? And, are you saying that the week after Easter, the MK will be open until 11 pm?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom