Post Disney Blues

sgtmgd

LOL well for one make sure you vet which stories you read in these forums or folks will have you seeing doom and gloom vs pixie dust

Doug Means

besides many of the great things already mentioned here, which my family does, i get on many WDW type sites and read about all the news. i do this daily. even when there hasn't been an update in days or weeks. and as negative as these boards can get at times, i love reading all the info here. planning the next trip helps me when i can plan it, but i don't know when it will be so i won't start the plan until I'm sure when ill be going...whaaa whaaa whaaa, look there now I'm crying

BritishHoosier

Original Poster
besides many of the great things already mentioned here, which my family does, i get on many WDW type sites and read about all the news. i do this daily. even when there hasn't been an update in days or weeks. and as negative as these boards can get at times, i love reading all the info here. planning the next trip helps me when i can plan it, but i don't know when it will be so i won't start the plan until I'm sure when ill be going...whaaa whaaa whaaa, look there now I'm crying

Okay we may already be planning another trip... Lol! :p

danyoung56

Don't disown me, but I actually have the opposite reaction. When I'm done with a vacation at WDW (or DL), I'm ready to prop my feet up and do nothing for the next few days. After about a week or so I get around to looking at pictures and posting a trip report on another site. And of course I always know that my next trip is coming up before I know it.

All that said, I can't wait till I retire in 6 years or so and move to central Florida!

BritishHoosier

Original Poster
Don't disown me, but I actually have the opposite reaction. When I'm done with a vacation at WDW (or DL), I'm ready to prop my feet up and do nothing for the next few days. After about a week or so I get around to looking at pictures and posting a trip report on another site. And of course I always know that my next trip is coming up before I know it.

All that said, I can't wait till I retire in 6 years or so and move to central Florida!

It definitely feels good to prop your feet up after a Disney vacation though! :)

KikoKea

I'm so sorry to hear you have been depressed too!! Thank you for your response! I was wondering, is there a special place where I can go to listen to park music? Is there a website?
On Youtube, search for music by genera Disneyworld or Disneyland, etc or by park or area, such as Tomorrowland or magic kingdom. If you sign up, you can add videos to your favorites to find them easily. I downloaded and burned a copy of the PoC queue loop and play it at night along with a 'babbling brook' download on my Kindle- nice memory of MK, it covers outside noise and helps me sleep. :joyfull:

BritishHoosier

Original Poster
On Youtube, search for music by genera Disneyworld or Disneyland, etc or by park or area, such as Tomorrowland or magic kingdom. If you sign up, you can add videos to your favorites to find them easily. I downloaded and burned a copy of the PoC queue loop and play it at night along with a 'babbling brook' download on my Kindle- nice memory of MK, it covers outside noise and helps me sleep. :joyfull:

That sounds so peaceful!! I need to find the space mountain line music. I could listen to that on repeat for hours! :)

It's funny reading this forum because it's so relatable. I was trying to make it to Disney every couple of years until I found myself planning for my Disney trip before and during other vacations, now we just have to go every year, so I'm pretty much always planning and always in "Disney mode"

EvilQueen-T

Other than starting the planning for our next trip we find recipes of foods we liked and make them at home, go through the pics, watch disney movies...but mostly start booking the next trip. We're also lucky enough that we live less than 3 hours away so when it gets real bad we will sometimes do a single day trip down and back same day. It's a bit exhausting so it helps get us over it but still get our fix.

BritishHoosier

Original Poster
So you are all going to think I am crazy.. I saw that there is a DisneyLand video game for the Xbox 360 where I guess you can walk around the park and interact with characters and go on the rides and do other fun things etc. I know, I know, it is Disneyland not Disney World and I don't even have an Xbox 360. At least it is something though right...? Am I crazy that I want to buy an Xbox just for this game and pretend that I am in the Disney Universe? :/

SW_matt

When we get back from WDW I usually spend a week or two just sulking around and then every minute after that planning the next trip/listening to park music/wasting hours on these boards reading about new attractions etc. Its a disease!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom