Post Disney Blues

BritishHoosier

Original Poster
My wife and I just got back from WDW two days ago and we miss it so much! What does everyone do to transition back into the real world after a Disney vacation?? All I can think of is watching Disney Classic movies and planning our next trip but that isn't helping...
We definitely have the case of the post Disney Blues.. :(

mf1972

guessing u guys had a real good time. we usually look through our pics & video, go through our souvenirs & pretty much wear or use everything.
like u, we would pick our dates for the following year.
just reflect on the good times u both had down there & make it something special for yourselves.

belledream

I feel your pain! I mainly take comfort in perusing all our pictures and working on a scrapbook or ordering prints. Once you order prints...time to go to the Disney Store and buy some Disney-themed frames that you passed up while you were at the parks! :p

JIMINYCR

Yore not alone... crying doesnt help.... booze just numbs the pain...:p:p:p The worst part of the trip is when its over. You spend so much time planning and building up for it, then it goes way too quickly and youre left thinking where did it go???? I go through all the photos, take out my pin books and add in the new additions, reorganize my shelves to make room for the latest trinkets, go over my trip, think and make notes of all the things I want to do next time. Nothing really helps much about the blues other than passing time. Then one day you reach the point where you are ready to plan and book the next trip back and it begins all over again.

BritishHoosier

Original Poster
We had such a wonderful time! Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I love looking at the photos we took there! :) A trip to our local Disney store may be in order. It is such an amazing feeling walking around Disney World because it is so immersive and you really feel like you are in another world! When you come back into the real world it is hard to adjust lol!
I said to my wife on the magical express bus on the way to the airport: "We're doing vacation club or we are moving to Florida!" Lol!

bethymouse

I have said many times we should move to the Orlando area, or at least an hour outside of Disney World.:) We all go through the Post Disney Depression!:( But try to remember you'll be going back again some time, and especially when Avatarland, Star Wars Land, and Pixarland will be ready! So much to look forward to!;)

BritishHoosier

Original Poster
I have said many times we should move to the Orlando area, or at least an hour outside of Disney World.:) We all go through the Post Disney Depression!:( But try to remember you'll be going back again some time, and especially when Avatarland, Star Wars Land, and Pixarland will be ready! So much to look forward to!;)

That's a great way to think!! I'm so excited to see how it develops!! :) Thank you so much for your suggestions! I am so grateful!

mimitchi33

I like to watch videos of other families' vacations and see how they compare after my trips. For example, there was a Japanese family who went to Disney and took a cruise around the same time I did, and compared to me, they rode fewer rides. They spent most of their Hollywood Studios visit waiting in line to meet Star Wars characters (they waited two hours to see Chewbacca!) and only did Mission: Space at EPCOT, since they only went there to do an Easter Egg hunt with their cousin who lived there and eat dinner. I also watch videos of my favorite rides at least once a week.

KikoKea

The time in the park does fly by too fast, and I always find myself bemoaning the fact that 'half the trip is over' midway through...and my husband always says we have a whole half a trip left. That helps until the last day. :cry: So, coming home is even worse.

So, I try to start planning our next trip ASAP, even if I don't have a firm date. I have a sophisticated system of tracking our trips- a legal size envelope- and I make notes about what we want to see next time. As I peruse blogs & Disney-related websites, including the Disney blog, I add to it. I listen to park music and loops, and watch park videos.

But all that can't take the blues away, so I suggest you plan to do something fun at home shortly after returning and later on. Doesn't have to be anything big or expensive, just fun and something to look forward to. :)

BritishHoosier

Original Poster
The time in the park does fly by too fast, and I always find myself bemoaning the fact that 'half the trip is over' midway through...and my husband always says we have a whole half a trip left. That helps until the last day. :cry: So, coming home is even worse.

So, I try to start planning our next trip ASAP, even if I don't have a firm date. I have a sophisticated system of tracking our trips- a legal size envelope- and I make notes about what we want to see next time. As I peruse blogs & Disney-related websites, including the Disney blog, I add to it. I listen to park music and loops, and watch park videos.

But all that can't take the blues away, so I suggest you plan to do something fun at home shortly after returning and later on. Doesn't have to be anything big or expensive, just fun and something to look forward to. :)

I say the same thing to my wife too! "We're not halfway yet right?" Lol!
Thanks so much for your advice! You and everyone have some wonderful ideas and I am so grateful for them! The legal sized envelope idea sounds fantastic! I am going to start one of my own now! :)

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I usually stare at the pictures I took and watch videos of attractions for hours on end. I'll also watch a couple classic animated movies because I love them so.

KikoKea

I say the same thing to my wife too! "We're not halfway yet right?" Lol!
Thanks so much for your advice! You and everyone have some wonderful ideas and I am so grateful for them! The legal sized envelope idea sounds fantastic! I am going to start one of my own now! :)
Having that envelope sitting on the shelf by my desk makes me happy every time I look at it.

pluto77

I was just going to post a topic about this. We got back last weekend, and I have been so depressed ever since. I've been looking at pictures from the trip, especially photo pass pictures. I've posted pictures on Facebook to see people's reactions to them lol. Listening to park music helps, but that in and of itself is also depressing because I'm not there listening to it live anymore!

Seanual757

We either book or next Disney trip just before we leave or a day or 2 after we get home.

We stayed over spring break for a week and we booked our July 4th trip and October trip while we were staying. About a week after we were back home we decided to take a quick 2 day trip for May (this weekend).

It helps having DVC and only living 20 minutes from Maingate.

BritishHoosier

Original Poster
I was just going to post a topic about this. We got back last weekend, and I have been so depressed ever since. I've been looking at pictures from the trip, especially photo pass pictures. I've posted pictures on Facebook to see people's reactions to them lol. Listening to park music helps, but that in and of itself is also depressing because I'm not there listening to it live anymore!

I'm so sorry to hear you have been depressed too!! Thank you for your response! I was wondering, is there a special place where I can go to listen to park music? Is there a website?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom