Post 1000...escapism

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Ohhh, this hits home with me. As I posted elsewhere, it was 7 degrees here this morning and I'm tired of winter. But like you, we stayed where we are so my husband could be close to family, but I would love to move somewhere else, (gee, that sounds terrible, buy there is NOTHING in this town) so escaping to WDW is heaven.
So I am not the only one who looks out the window and longs to see a different view? I was born about 8 miles from here and lived in the same area all my life (52 years). I remember when we got a McDonalds about a twenty years ago. When that is a big deal, it proves you live in Podunk.

EmmabaRose

Dream.

Unlike many of you, WDW was not an annual thing for me or something we went to regularly. It was thousands of miles away. But it was somewhere I wanted to be with all my heart.nwhen we finally got to go it was a dream come true. Now it's been eight years of dreaming of going back. Even to look a picture or video for me conjures up the Disney feeling. Joy, nostalgia and the ability to let my inner child run free.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Dream.

Unlike many of you, WDW was not an annual thing for me or something we went to regularly. It was thousands of miles away. But it was somewhere I wanted to be with all my heart.nwhen we finally got to go it was a dream come true. Now it's been eight years of dreaming of going back. Even to look a picture or video for me conjures up the Disney feeling. Joy, nostalgia and the ability to let my inner child run free.
Very well put.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm having a hard time deciding! Yes it is the most magical place on earth! But I'm going with are you ready for this? "RELAXING" When I get home I am so relaxed nothing and I mean NOTHING bothers me for at least a week if not two!:) It's the craziest word considering I travel with open to close commandos, but the entire time I feel relaxed even when rushing to an ARD!:)

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I'm having a hard time deciding! Yes it is the most magical place on earth! But I'm going with are you ready for this? "RELAXING" When I get home I am so relaxed nothing and I mean NOTHING bothers me for at least a week if not two!:) It's the craziest word considering I travel with open to close commandos, but the entire time I feel relaxed even when rushing to an ARD!:)
I can see that. We now come home much more relaxed than we used to.

JIMINYCR

BLISS
Bliss is an emotional state that is characterized by perfect happiness (feelings of enjoyment, pleasure, and satisfaction).

Definition sums it up nicely for me. From the moment I step on property I continue feeling it until I leave.

Chrononymous

MAGIC

The term encompasses everything I feel about the World.
It's a sense of awe, and wonder at something impossible made real.
It's an indefinable feeling of joy, and excitement you feel in your heart.
It's also the amazing illusionary aspect of the place, the imagineering of dreams and 2d animation, re-imagined in a way you can smell, and touch and taste.

Skooterkid

Happiness. But most of the words other people have mentioned I can totally understand. I'm never happier than when I am sitting outside the ice cream parlor on Main Street, by the river with Cinderella's castle before me... with some strawberry ice cream :p

MissingDisney

Peace. Probably sounds crazy, I'm sure. It's all of other things listed above that combined, just make me be...well...at peace. As defined, freedom from disturbance. Disney is just that for me...nothing to worry about, kids are having a blast without being connected to some electronic device in their hands, DH and I holding hands on Main Street, having wonderful meals talking about past trips and what's making this one special...I could go on and on. Seeing my family enjoying themselves and making memories gives such a feeling of contentment. Peace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom