Possibly of Transformers attraction coming to disney

magickingdom55

Original Poster
If any one thinks this should be moved please do so.

Hay disney fans I just wanted to see what you all thought about this. From what IESB.net tells us from one of there tipsters is that there is a Transformers ride in the works.:sohappy: Now from what the the report says is that it will be a Darkride. It is not been a decided where the attraction will be placed.

Here's a link to the report http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4194&Itemid=99 (it contains some rude language)

Now I want to talk about the low but still possible chances that it will come to one of the parks(most likely DHS)

Universal is very likely as they all readly have harry potter(which wont hurt Disney) so it will be bad for them to have Transformers also.

Hasbro(who has rights to the toys) and Disney have a very good relationship from what I can tell. they have made many toys for the Disney parks.

Indiana Jones which is made by the same company Paramount made it Star Wars made it to the parks too. why not Transformers. Like star wars It has a huge fan base and the kids love them

And last but not least Is a Darkride no one does darkrides better than Disney Imagieering.

EDIT: This is a post made by Omegatron1 from TFW2005.com

I'm also Envisioning a Spider-man type rideride but even better, updated with 10 years worth of new technology. As for Paramount,they no longer own theme parks. Ithink Universal Orlando's main development right now is on their Harry Potter land at Islands of Adventure but adding to the studios park isn't far-fetched, either. Another thing to consider is Paramount and Hasbro's relationship with Disney. Hasbro helped creat Once Upon a toy at Downtown Disney, and continues to offer Exclusive merchandise throught the parks. Paramount is putting out the new Indiana Jones film, and the Indiana Jones attractions are still popular at Disney parks. I'll asy Disney World's "Disney Hollywood Studios' (formerly Disney MGM Studios) is the most likely spot. Disney Imagineering + Transformers = WIN.

jedimaster1227

Most likely not here right now since Disney is relying on its studios for park tie-ins. Though, Michael Bay does have a fairly good working relationship with Disney...

bennyw01

Wasn't the movie a flop?

movie did great and isnt it meant to be a trilogy? or something not sure.

the minute someone mentioned test track and transformers it sounded like a cool idea however i doubt it will be anything more than a POS (Point of Sale) using test track and the transformers GM tie in to sell more toys. more toys = more money :cool:

EpcotServo

movie did great and isnt it meant to be a trilogy? or something not sure.

the minute someone mentioned test track and transformers it sounded like a cool idea however i doubt it will be anything more than a POS (Point of Sale) using test track and the transformers GM tie in to sell more toys. more toys = more money :cool:

Optimus Prime:"To any Autobots...we are here. We are waiting. And, it's fun to be free."

No....I don't think WDW is the place for a Transformers ride. (WDW RideCar TRANSFORMERS figures, YES. Ride? No. Not here.)

"Did you remember to turn off those robots?"
:lookaroun

IcicleM

Haha, yeah the movie was far from being a flop, and yeah, it's going to be a trilogy (as soon as the writer's strike is over)

It sounds fun, but I think a Spider-man approach to it sounds better than just a dark ride. I loved the movie, and followed it for over a year on the forums because I was so exciting. It's finally gotten the rebirth that it needed, and it would be a lot of fun to see new technology in a ride to promote the Transformers. If they had the Bumblebee Statue that they used in the movie a couple times (they used it in the scene where they were trying to keep him frozen in the Hoover Dam) outside of the ride, it would be great to stand next to it to see how large they really are

bennyw01

Haha, yeah the movie was by far a flop, and yeah, it's going to be a trilogy (as soon as the writer's strike is over)

It sounds fun, but I think a Spider-man approach to it sounds better than just a dark ride.

it did great in the UK and i think its a really great film. i think it modernises it but it has nothing on the original cartoon, however when it comes to sale of toys in co with the film i think transformers did amazing it got like number one christmas toy here in UK and everything. :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think my idea of a movie/attraction tie-in would be better:
MonorailTheMovie.jpg

Maerj

PLEASE Disney get Transformers the attraction! This would be such a great addition to DHS!

As the OP said, Disney seems to have a good relationship with Michael Bay, Hasbro, and there is another Paramount franchise (Indiana Jones) in the parks. Not to mention that ILM did the effects for Transformers and they have a relationship with Lucas. If they could make lifesize AAs of Optimous, Bumble or any of them, there would be several generations of fans going crazy over it!

darthjohnny

Indiana Jones isn't really a Paramount film. While it is distributed by Paramount, it's owned by Lucasfilm Ltd., just like how Star Wars is owned by Lucas but is distributed by 20th Century Fox.

So, I can't think of anything where Disney has a relationship with Paramount.

However, a Transformers ride would be cool. :)

DisneyAnole

PLEASE Disney get Transformers the attraction! This would be such a great addition to DHS!

As the OP said, Disney seems to have a good relationship with Michael Bay, Hasbro, and there is another Paramount franchise (Indiana Jones) in the parks. Not to mention that ILM did the effects for Transformers and they have a relationship with Lucas. If they could make lifesize AAs of Optimous, Bumble or any of them, there would be several generations of fans going crazy over it!

Several generations of fans for...Transformers? I don't think Transformers has a massive audience like Indy, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or any other geek franchise. You might argue that there isn't a huge audience for Twilight Zone, but then again, the attraction doesn't really rely on knowing that show either.

Maerj

Yeah, I'd say several generations of fans for Transformers. The first generation came out in the early eighties. Those kids have kids now who like the newer Transformers shows, toys and the movie. Plus, there is an all new animated series coming to the Cartoon Network.

Why would Universal be a better place for this over DHS?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom