Possible Rumor of HM Rehab/Refurbishment!!!

LoriMistress

Original Poster
I read this on doomsbuggie.com on their message board and I'm not sure if this is a rumor or not. I thought I would share the info. that I have.

Friday morning, WDI sent out a mass-email to local (to them) Disney employees that read as follows:

"Volunteers are needed to listen to the new WDW Magic Kingdom Haunted Mansion "Moving Ghost Host" audio system for the Stretch Rooms."

From what I understand, this was a test to get feedback on the new audio system that showcases some much-needed upgrades to the stretch room. If all goes well, we can expect fun new things popping up after the Mansion goes down for the summer.

Discuss.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Before anyone gets an visions of a moving-dancin-groovin Ghost Host in the stretching room, I bet this is just enhanced audio that will make it seem like the voice is moving about the room.

ToTBellHop

yep...I mean it already sounds as though the Ghost Host moves, this just sounds like it will be improved surround sound (like the audio we've been enjoying in most movie theatres for years) that will make it feel like the Ghost Host is fluidly moving around the room. Not a major technological advancement, just bringing the audio up to more modern standards. Should be nice though.

ghostlyguitar

The voice used to travel around the room somewhat; the speakers were located up near (possibly behind, if I remember right) the paintings. The script was designed for dramatic pauses, so the Ghost Host would start speaking from one spot then pause, and when he'd speak up after the pause, the voice would be coming from a different spot around the room. (I hope I described that decently...) So the voice did bounce around the room a bit.

This sounds like they're going to update the speaker system to create the illusion that the voice is slowly drifting around the room as opposed to jumping from spot to spot. Same effect, with 21st century technology powering it essentially.

I'm excited to see The Mansion spruced up! It sounds like it's getting the TLC it's needed for a long while.

-Adam-

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Actually, just having the voice pan around the room is pretty elementary with todays technology.

Just imagine the pan knobs in your car! Front to back left to right. :wave:

HoW

From everything we've heard the HM rehab was going to include light and audio upgrades (similar to the effects upgrade at PotC last year), so this isn't surprising, but it is good to hear!

Hummer1676

It needs it bad. I was there a week ago and there were some serious items that were noticiable. The fireplace in the banquet room looked like terrible, they had installed some shotty effect for fire that made it look cheesy. The whole spidder room is a waste of space. And, the audio for the floating head in the room was all messed up. I hope they change their minds about adding a gift shop. I would love to see a HM gift shop.

jmvd20

Actually, just having the voice pan around the room is pretty elementary with todays technology.

Just imagine the pan knobs in your car! Front to back left to right. :wave:

That's what I was thinking - $200 can get you a surround system in a box that has sounds travel all around the room. I'm not saying it isn't or wont be neat or a good addition to the HM - just that it's been around a while.

raven

The voice used to travel around the room somewhat; the speakers were located up near (possibly behind, if I remember right) the paintings.

The speakers are actually imbedded in the wooden structure under the gargoyls. There are currently 3 or 4 in each stretch room but if new ones are installed then they will be everywhere.

DisneyDellsDude

But doesn't anyone think that if they wanted to test something, it would be more than a $200 surround sound system?

Couldn't they be doing something to make it seem like the Ghost Host is standing in the middle of the room instead of just flying around the walls?!
That's what I was picturing when it was mentioned as 3-D.

mkepcotmgmak

You are all wrong - sorry to break this to you, but...

now when you walk into the main corridor, you will be given a script and everyone will take turns reading the ghost host's lines in the stretch room - he has possessed our bodies in a new 4D experience!

Figment82

You are all wrong - sorry to break this to you, but...

now when you walk into the main corridor, you will be given a script and everyone will take turns reading the ghost host's lines in the stretch room - he has possessed our bodies in a new 4D experience!

I do that anyway! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom