Possible mine train opening?

Disfan1971

Original Poster
Walt Disney World Facebook page just added a link to "miner training" in 14 days and after you complete it it says come back may 18th is this a possible opening date? Or just a date for an announcement?
image.jpg
image.jpg

MickeyRN

Will be there the 19th thru 25th! I've been watching the forum for any news of it opening. Hoping it will be open for my trip!

You should be ok, goods odds you will catch a soft opening. If the official opening is the 28th, it should be running pretty regularly by the 27th.

That's good to know. We are there for 6 days (May 21-26, leaving on the 27). We may have to check in every day at the Magic Kingdom (on the days we are scheduled to be at other parks) in order to ride this. I have a hard time believing that the 7DMT will not be open for the Magic Kingdom 24 hour event that week.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's good to know. We are there for 6 days (May 21-26, leaving on the 27). We may have to check in every day at the Magic Kingdom (on the days we are scheduled to be at other parks) in order to ride this. I have a hard time believing that the 7DMT will not be open for the Magic Kingdom 24 hour event that week.

I would recommend checking this site just before and during you trip to find out what is going on with soft openings. This should give you a good idea of when the best chance to ride will be.

I would recommend checking this site just before and during you trip to find out what is going on with soft openings. This should give you a good idea of when the best chance to ride will be.

Sure will. Just found this site about a month ago and am hooked. Has really helped my planning!

Bocabear

Wait, so they did a press event and dedication, and then they have still not released the opening date? Isn't that crazy backwards?" Don't you usually open the ride following the dedication? This just seems insane to me...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wait, so they did a press event and dedication, and then they have still not released the opening date? Isn't that crazy backwards?" Don't you usually open the ride following the dedication? This just seems insane to me...

They released the date, May 28th.

Bocabear

I watched the dedication and it was just like a dull thud... Here are the Dwarfs and Snow White...and a golden pick-axe and fireworks...now come back in a couple week and we will be open... That was the most pointless ceremony I have ever seen... It did not make any sense to even bother trotting everyone out until you are opening the ride... ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom