Possible 20K replacement

KevinDisneyFan1

PhotoDave219 said:
They only thing that is 100% sure is that no decision for what to do with the land has been made. The rumors i hear are about a MeetnGreet and a kids play area, to which i'm assuming it to be the 100 acre woods thingy. We'll know when the walls come down...
Actually, we won't know when the walls come down. They are coming down November 11, nine days from now. No way they could build anything by then.

I am a firm believer that when the walls come down, we will see a flowery garden area. Nothing more or less.

BigNorm

what happened to the Little Mermaid/Beauty and the Beast dark ride rumours. I like that much better. NO to another place to sit...this is a horrible idea and a horrible waste of space.

KevinDisneyFan1

BigNorm,

The horrible idea was in the frist place shutting down 20K. But anyway, the lagoon was much prettier than the so called "garden area" will be. When the walls come down, we will see dirt with grass planted and some potted plants, most likely, with some benches.

longfamily

A Wonderland themed play area would be really cool! We love playing in the HISTK playland. I could just Imagine how neat wonderland would be. 100 acres would be okay too, but it has limits where a wonderland would not. However, I 100% would prefer rides to playgrounds and meet & greets.

Hobnail Boot

KevinDisneyFan1 said:
The horrible idea was in the frist place shutting down 20K. But anyway, the lagoon was much prettier than the so called "garden area" will be. When the walls come down, we will see dirt with grass planted and some potted plants, most likely, with some benches.
I have to disagree with you on this, Kevin. I always thought that the 20K Lagoon was an eyesore, even when it was open. In my opinion, the 20K ride did not belong in Fantasyland at all. It would be more suited in Adventureland than Fantasyland (not a suggestion, just a comparison). I think the garden area may help open up Fantasyland a little. Right now it feels so cramped that I want to get in and out as fast as I can.

daguru

Question....

I took the Keys tour a few months ago. The tour guide said they were filling in some of the cotume areas in the Utilidors, so there would be enough support for an extremely heavy attraction above. She then said that rumor was a possible roller coaster.

Would it be necessary to fill in these areas (underneath) for a wooden maze/play area?

I heard a rumor on some other sites about the 20,000 Leagues ride from Tokyo SeaDisney possibly being put there.

Any ideas......

Indy95

I think the most logical replacement for the 20K Lagoon would be the Little Mermaid Dark Ride from the original DLP expansion. I believe BigNorm mentioned this earlier. To me, it just makes the most sense: it's an attraction the whole family can enjoy, it's based on popular characters, and it fits right in to the Fantasyland theme. The 100 Acre Wood and Mermaid Lagoon areas are only tailored to small children, and the Mytserious Island attraction would be geared for older kids, and would not have the merchandising potential that Disney craves.

Jekyll

I figured it was time to bring this back from the dead as the winnie the pooh play ground is now standing on the spot of the once great 20k Leagues under the Sea. Have there been any rumors on what they will actually do with this spot?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well the 100 acre wood playground takes up very little of the actual area that 20k originally occupied. A few months ago a forum member did an overlay of that area and even with the 100 acre wood playground still in place there was enough room to fit both Space and Splash mountain. From what I understand the front runner of the blue sky ideas was Bald Mountain which would be a ride similar to Splash Mountain but with a Bald Mountain (from the original Fantasia) theme.

Sergeant Tibbs

kids could have more fun playin in their backyard. Why does Disney have to make a regular "play area" for small children to play in. I dont think parents pay fifty bucks for their kids to play on a swing set. BUT, if Disney makes it an awesome, unique experience, then im not complaining. But I still think this is a serious waste a space. but ohwell

KumbaRider

Think of it this way. If there are families with little kids who aren't old enough or tall enough for certain attractions yet have siblings who are able to this is a perfect use of space. It will allow the party to wait and ride at the same time, and also, it doesn't even take up much space relative to 20k leagues. WDI did a nice job.

Huge Dreamer

Sergeant Tibbs said:
kids could have more fun playin in their backyard. Why does Disney have to make a regular "play area" for small children to play in. I dont think parents pay fifty bucks for their kids to play on a swing set. BUT, if Disney makes it an awesome, unique experience, then im not complaining. But I still think this is a serious waste a space. but ohwell

And having the area sit there not being used isn't a waste of space. There is still plenty of room left to put in more rides. It is alot more fun for little ones that like phoo then any backyard. And if that doesn't fit your wants look at it as something to get some kids out of your way.

Sergeant Tibbs

Huge Dreamer said:
And having the area sit there not being used isn't a waste of space. There is still plenty of room left to put in more rides. It is alot more fun for little ones that like phoo then any backyard. And if that doesn't fit your wants look at it as something to get some kids out of your way.
lol, will do

Jekyll

Master Yoda said:
Well the 100 acre wood playground takes up very little of the actual area that 20k originally occupied. A few months ago a forum member did an overlay of that area and even with the 100 acre wood playground still in place there was enough room to fit both Space and Splash mountain. From what I understand the front runner of the blue sky ideas was Bald Mountain which would be a ride similar to Splash Mountain but with a Bald Mountain (from the original Fantasia) theme.

What an excellent Idea. A Fantasia themed ride would be an excellent idea! I mean there no point in duplicating the matterhorn in WDW as Expidition Everest will be a Matterhorn times 10!

bgraham34

While I am not a fan of Fantasia I think it might actually be sort of a good idea. And having a Matterhorn would be a bad idea. Since that area is still Fantasy Land I think they should put a Villians ride.

Jekyll

bgraham34 said:
While I am not a fan of Fantasia I think it might actually be sort of a good idea. And having a Matterhorn would be a bad idea. Since that area is still Fantasy Land I think they should put a Villians ride.

I think that would rock but remember that this is the same company that changed Snow White so it was less scary. And when I was 7 it really was scary. So, fantasy land which is mainly for childern would have a tough time making a ride that has the villian and nots scary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom