Poss. date for new version of M:S???

cls4016

Original Poster
Anyone heard of a possible date for this being opened? We will be there June 1-11 and were wanting to try this.

RonAnnArbor

No official date has been announced. It should not take them long to make the tweaks that they need to make the changeover in the one chamber. Their official release says "this summer"...

Kadee

crazygirley said:
I hate that they are doing this.

:(

Why? The original version will still be there. You don't have to ride the toned down version. I think it is a great idea! More people can enjoy M:S now. I was really worried about riding it. Now, I can't wait to ride the new toned down version.

crazygirley

Kadee said:
Why? The original version will still be there. You don't have to ride the toned down version. I think it is a great idea! More people can enjoy M:S now. I was really worried about riding it. Now, I can't wait to ride the new toned down version.
Oh! Well then, I take that back! More fun for everyone!!! Thanks Kadee!!!

jmvd20

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I don't know why they couldn't just announce a date, but I would imagine in time for Memorial Day weekend.

It adds suspense, keeps the people on the edge of their seats - anxiously awaiting the news of the exact opening date. Starring wide eyed at computer screens while drooling over the thought of the new ride :lookaroun

ToTBellHop

Ah...right. Soon, announcements of new attractions will simply say "Coming sometime in the 21st century...Ratatouille: THE RIDE"

disneyracefan

Im suprised that they have not named this stitchs mission space since that seems to be the name they use to ruin good rides as far as a start i hope its this summer so we can get it over with and move on but i wonder what will happen if somthing happens on the tame side of the ride then what :hammer:

jmvd20

disneyracefan said:
Im suprised that they have not named this stitchs mission space since that seems to be the name they use to ruin good rides as far as a start i hope its this summer so we can get it over with and move on but i wonder what will happen if somthing happens on the tame side of the ride then what :hammer:

Periods, and sentences make reading posts a little easier. Not trying to be a jerk here, just a friendly bit of good ol fashioned advice :wave:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
CAPTAIN HOOK said:
OK so I've obviously missed something here - what's with the "toned down version" ?

At some point in the next few weeks, guests will start to have a choice between M:S as it is now and a version that has the centrifuge disabled. In the new version, the capsule will still pitch and roll but there will be no g-forces.

kcnole

Mission Space is not currently running near capacity. It is my understanding that most of the time it's only running two centrifuges and it's still a 5 minute walk on. There is a large portion of Epcot guests who just walk right past this ride. So, to make the ride use a larger capacity (which Epcot sorely needs) they have decided to offer a no spin portion of the ride so that people who cannot handle the spin can still enjoy the ride, just not to the extent that others can.

Personally I think it's a great idea as long as they can do it without too much confusion and still have the no spin portion of the ride be somewhat fun.

kcnole

The rumor is that they're testing out some type of effects but I haven't heard what they are or know what to expect.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
kcnole said:
Mission Space is not currently running near capacity. It is my understanding that most of the time it's only running two centrifuges and it's still a 5 minute walk on.

We actually run three for the better part of most days, dropping to two in the mid to late afternoon. Still nowhere near capacity, though.

pintraderpayee

Goofy4WDW said:
Too bad they couldn't have done something similar for Alien Encounter.

AMEN! I miss AE. I went on SGE at Easter with an open mind, but hated it. My students who had never been to WDW even disliked it, especially the breath smell:hurl: because it seems to linger with you unlike the stink bug fumes from ITTBAB. I'm glad that the old version of M:S will still be there for those of us who like the G-force feeling!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom