Positive Experiences with Guest Services?

righttrack

Numerous experiences over many years, I won't go into each one of them. Regardless of whether I got instant resolution or not, the most important thing to me was that I was made to feel my opinion mattered and that it would be escalated at least to the next level of management.

jloucks

Yes. I can't go into details but I sent a snail mail about an issue many years ago. It was followed up by Disney calling me a couple of times and then resulted in a free trip for my wife and I and VIP status at a couple of the resorts for the past 10 years.
Can't go into details? Something pretty incriminating I suspect. That response goes beyond nice and into CYA territory, imho.

SirWillow

Not from a complaint or anything, but on a trip that my daughter and I took in Feb we had a stack of about 50 postcards to mail out to people who had helped contribute to the trip one way or the other (mostly through my youtube channel) and wanted to see if we could do something special with them. So I talked to guest relations, explained what they were for and wondered if we could do something special to help thank all of the people who had blessed me. And that I didn't' want to just drop them on some poor character at a meet and greet- not fair to the character or other guests.

They took them all (preaddressed and stamped) and told me they'd see what they could do.

Every single one of them arrived signed by at least Mickey, and several by another character as well. Not required, not necessary, but a very nice touch.

Baums101

Has anyone ever made a complaint, compliment, or comment to guest services and had a great turnout from it (either via e-mail, snail mail, or in person?)

For example, I complimented a couple of Cast Members at City Hall in the Magic Kingdom and got a free super FastPass from it! That was very nice of them, and they were very helpful and ensured that the proper people (whoever that may be!) would hear about the compliments I was giving the Cast Members.

Maybe not relevant to what your asking but last month I lost my iPhone when heading out of the Magic Kingdom to catch a reservation at the Contemporary. I didn't notice my phone was missing until I sat down to eat and had my waitress take my order. I pulled up the built in iPhone locator app on someone else's iPhone and saw that it had been turned off preventing me from wiping the data. My mind went to the worst and I figured someone had swiped it out of my backpack since I generally never lose things.

I went back to Magic Kingdom later that evening and immediately headed to lost and found. The cast members there were so helpful with my situation between explaining how the process works of claiming a lost item and calming me down. They had my iPhone and told me that they have cast members who exclusively walk around finding misplaced things that can later be picked up.

jrogue

Original Poster
Maybe not relevant to what your asking but last month I lost my iPhone when heading out of the Magic Kingdom to catch a reservation at the Contemporary. I didn't notice my phone was missing until I sat down to eat and had my waitress take my order. I pulled up the built in iPhone locator app on someone else's iPhone and saw that it had been turned off preventing me from wiping the data. My mind went to the worst and I figured someone had swiped it out of my backpack since I generally never lose things.

I went back to Magic Kingdom later that evening and immediately headed to lost and found. The cast members there were so helpful with my situation between explaining how the process works of claiming a lost item and calming me down. They had my iPhone and told me that they have cast members who exclusively walk around finding misplaced things that can later be picked up.
That's really awesome! I lost a camera bag once in WDW on a ride and never had it returned to me :( I was so sad and was like well I hope whoever wipes my memory cards that were in there remembers my face for the rest of their lives

Goofyernmost

I have only had a couple of needs to go to Guest Services. One was for directions and the other was when a Fastpass, that I made on my cell after I finished my FP's for Epcot. I was able to get one for about 2 hours later for 7DMT in MK. It was there on my phone when I checked for something else about a half hour later, but, while in route to MK on the Monorail I checked again to make sure of my time for that FP and it was gone. Pretty much like the TV commercial "like it never happened".

I went to Guest Services at MK and simply, not with any anger, but, politely explained what had happened. The took my ticket (I don't use the Bands) typed something in their computer, smiled at me and handed my ticket back. I checked my phone and "magically, there it was with no time limit on it. It was a very pleasant exchange for me, but, I could hear people shouting like they kidnapped their children with the other CM's, before they gave the CM's the chance to fix the problem. We have turned into a truly obnoxious and angry country. I don't see it as being productive. I do get angry, but, it is reaction to how I would be treated directly. Problems like the one I had was something that unless I was treated with disrespect would never show anything accept calm. It seems to work 99.9% of the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom