Portions of Kidzone closing January 16, 2023

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
1667349595681.png

Cmdr_Crimson

Have there been any rumors as to what will replace this?
There was a rumor mentioned that it was going to become a Pokemon related...On this post..

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO we could have been better off with removing the SpongeBob Store as well and get something better instead of having something for a character that has no attraction or relevence in this park..

Ragerunner

This is so Universal. Oh we forgot, we are closing Kids Zone, have good evening.

If done right this could be a huge boost to this park. Hopefully a good fun family ride comes with this updated land.

Maybe an outdoor version of their indoor Beijing Kung Fu Panda Land with the Journey of the Dragon Warrior Boat ride. Retheme the family coaster, add a small family flat and a play area and they will have a big hit.

Can they open this update by 2024?

That gives them villain con for 2023 and than kids zone for 2024? Leading them into Epic in 2025.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I think the most recent rumor is a Trolls dark ride and some assorted play areas/flats.
They could really pick any of the Dreamworks franchises for a dark ride. It would be nice to not get SLoP since I hate how much at USH is available in Florida as it is. Leave SLoP there. Plus it would be stupid to build it here in a park with a New York area.

Cmdr_Crimson

They could really pick any of the Dreamworks franchises for a dark ride. It would be nice to not get SLoP since I hate how much at USH is available in Florida as it is. Leave SLoP there. Plus it would be stupid to build it here in a park with a New York area.
Same thing goes with that MiB ride with the NY world fair aesthetic..

Slpy3270

Thank god this land is gone. Literal 90s eyesore.

I'm curious as to what will replace it. We know USJ is planning to bring Pokemon to the park, and a Pokemon-themed land was planned to replace KidZone before F&F Supercharged flopped and put those plans on hold. Maybe they're finally going ahead with that?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
IMO we could have been better off with removing the SpongeBob Store as well and get something better instead of having something for a character that has no attraction or relevence in this park..

I wonder if that could still happen. maybe this is only the first phase of closures and others will come later.

Slpy3270

Yeah, I would hate to see ET go. I think Animal Actors would be more likely to go before ET.
Should note that ET and Animal Actors are located right next to each other on the northwestern area of the KidZone while the attractions branded for closure are on the southeast area, directly adjacent to The Simpsons Ride, which is also being rumored to close sooner than later, should Uni decide to excercise an opt-out clause in their licensing agreement with 20th/Disney.

I imagine the plan is to relocate ET and Animal Actors to the Hollywood section while KidZone and Springfield are totally revamped into one singular-themed land. Don't know if Uni has dusted the old "Pokemon Land" plans back out but with Uni having secured the rights now (officially in Japan but there's no reason to think the US parks aren't involved in this given how popular the franchise is here), it's not totally far-fetched.

JT3000

No idea what's going where, but Animal Actors really ought to go. It takes up a large chunk of prime real estate for whatever is replacing the rest of Kidzone and the attraction itself is kind of a nothing burger that no one even talks about. And if they want to keep the hodgepodge to a minimum, the SpongeBob store ought to go too. That's an underutilized IP, but it's clearly going to remain underutilized, so might as well just ditch it. If they got creative, it would be possible to use the building to reroute E.T.'s queue with a new entrance in the Central Park area, that way they can put up new facades and theme the ride's current entrance to whatever is replacing the rest of Kidzone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom