Portillo’s coming to Disney springs?

WhatJaneSays

I just got back from Chicago, I'm from that neck of the woods originally, and I have to be honest about all the places my cousins took me out to ... they were not great. I remember the food being significantly better when I was a teenager.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Played Little League at Devon/Higgins (Seminole Park).

I haven't had Barnaby's in years. Is it still on Touhy and Wolf Roads?

Played Little League at Devon/Higgins (Seminole Park).

I haven't had Barnaby's in years. Is it still on Touhy and Wolf Roads?
I live down the street from Semimole 😄...Barnaby's is still around...Adrianis pizza changed ownership and it tastes awful now...😔
Hey, what about me? I'm on the border of Des Plaines in Glenview now! Also lived in Palatine, and almost everywhere else except Chicago itself.

I grew up in Park Ridge. Barnabys was a big part of my growing up years but then the one in Niles on Caldwell. When it closed we moved onto DesPlaines. I pass it on the trip to my Moms house in Park Ridge. I have to circle around O’Hare. Going home I will often order one or two to take home to devour. Nothing inside has changed in my lifetime. Time has stood still and just as yummy as it always was.

Cmdr_Crimson

I grew up in Park Ridge. Barnabys was a big part of my growing up years but then the one in Niles on Caldwell. When it closed we moved onto DesPlaines. I pass it on the trip to my Moms house in Park Ridge. I have to circle around O’Hare. Going home I will often order one or two to take home to devour. Nothing inside has changed in my lifetime. Time has stood still and just as yummy as it always was.
And it still does..The pizza has such a distinct taste with the crust and sauce..I pass it everyday going to my job...

Gabe1

Well, there is a Barnaby's In Tallahassee....No Really...I'm not kidding....:D
https://barnabysfamilyinn.com/
That is the Family logo. Wonder which one opened up down there. I’m going to have to look it up. They sold the one which was I believe the newest to a new car dealership for the land. But after a few years they started talking about reopening near.

Gabe1

Well, there is a Barnaby's In Tallahassee....No Really...I'm not kidding....:D
https://barnabysfamilyinn.com/

Wow! That one has been there since 1970!!!! We drove threw there when I was a kid. Had we known we would have ate there I'm sure. I'd love to know where this place falls into the family tree. I will need to drive down to Florida later this year. Bookmarked.

Cmdr_Crimson

Unplugged

Curious if this Portillos at the Springs is still a possibility. Since Bongos is closing, there would be ample room for a Portillos. Besides, with the NBA experience going in, anyone checking out basketball deserves a real Chicago hotdog!

Gabe1

This internet archive of Des Plaines Barnaby's has a full list of their restaurants from Closed & open..
http://web.archive.org/web/20070717022639/http://www.barnabys1.com/history.htm

The one we go to is in DesPlaines, the next suburb over from my Moms. I'm surprised they still have Schaumburg listed as it closed after 43 years in 2011. I pulled up some photo's of the few remaining and the one in Indiana does not visually look like traditional Barnaby's Pizza. The one in Tallahassee seems to be the same type of dough however it is thicker and the cheese is dramatically thicker than what I have had through the years.

Gabe1

Curious if this Portillos at the Springs is still a possibility. Since Bongos is closing, there would be ample room for a Portillos. Besides, with the NBA experience going in, anyone checking out basketball deserves a real Chicago hotdog!

They picked the Tampa area because their expansion area outside Northern IL is where there are Chicagoland transplants which Tampa has many. About 5 years ago when they were opening the first in the Tampa area Portillo's stated that Orlando area was not on their radar however they were surprised by the amount of inquiries for Orlando they received and said they would think about it and research. But it has been 5 years.

Last edited:

Gabe1

I just got back from Chicago, I'm from that neck of the woods originally, and I have to be honest about all the places my cousins took me out to ... they were not great. I remember the food being significantly better when I was a teenager.

And that can be said about any city in the USA. Chicago is vast and likely only hit a very small sampling. In Disney there are horrid restaurants and over the top good. Same with Chicago. Solid research in any city is kinda critical. Where did you dine?

HiJe

The one we go to is in DesPlaines, the next suburb over from my Moms. I'm surprised they still have Schaumburg listed as it closed after 43 years in 2011. I pulled up some photo's of the few remaining and the one in Indiana does not visually look like traditional Barnaby's Pizza. The one in Tallahassee seems to be the same type of dough however it is thicker and the cheese is dramatically thicker than what I have had through the years.

They still have one in Schaumburg on Golf Rd near the Bahama Breeze.

Gabe1

They still have one in Schaumburg on Golf Rd near the Bahama Breeze.
Did it move cause where it was is a car dealership.

So where did they move to? By Bahama Breeze there is Fudruckers and Outback. Did they move into a store front?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom