Portillo’s coming to Disney springs?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Nothing has been on my radar about this.

This rumor was picked up by Reddit last fall. Since Mr. Portillo sold his business, though still somewhat involved they are rapidly expanding, even one near my DD University which Mr. Portillo said he didn't plan to, it did happened under new owners. Most Portillo's are in their own buildings on their own property here in Illinois. He was burnt a few times by leasing so he tended to build their own buildings often on frontages of shopping centers. I'd be so surprised if they broke that model with high expense of Disney Springs. I could see him building a venue in the Flamingo Crossing Area though now that the area has 3 new builds happening with captive CP housing. Price fits that demographic. I could see this happening more than Springs. Portillos generally doesn't speak of the next locations until they have land locked up. With the improvements happening near Margaritaville the land is still cheap, I could also see a potential for Portillos. I'd be surprised if they were not looking for choice spots in the greater Orlando area as they have 2 venues near Tampa already needing deliveries.

Mr. Portillo is a man who long ago was superficially a part of our life. His first stand was a half block from a relative, his first building a few blocks from there. Spent time there as so Did Mr. Portillo. He was very slow to expand and chose wisely. It is really only since he sold that rapid expansion has started in Illinois and outside the state. Mr. Portillo never expanded beyond where his warehouse could supply.
That has all changed now.

Last edited:

Gabe1

SuperDawg is trash. It is the Disney room service pizza of Chicago hot dogs.

To the best of my knowledge Disney frozen QS frozen pizzas are still supplied to them by a Chicago owned firm. They attend the Fast Food suppliers convention in Orlando where there is everything from hot pretzels, ice cream to Beaver Tails. 2 years ago Beaver Tails reappeared that use to be in the Canadian Pavilion though I don't believe they came back to Disney they are still out there at other places.

Cmdr_Crimson

To the best of my knowledge Disney frozen QS frozen pizzas are still supplied to them by a Chicago owned firm. They attend the Fast Food suppliers convention in Orlando where there is everything from hot pretzels, ice cream to Beaver Tails. 2 years ago Beaver Tails reappeared that use to be in the Canadian Pavilion though I don't believe they came back to Disney they are still out there at other places.
Nation is the pizza distributor...

Gabe1

Nation is the pizza distributor...
Like I said a Chicago pizza product shipped to WDW. Schaumburg IL. Always at the Orlando Convention Center for suppliers to theme parks. Not exactly fresh but palette friendly to some.

Cmdr_Crimson

Like I said a Chicago pizza product shipped to WDW. Schaumburg IL. Always at the Orlando Convention Center for suppliers to theme parks. Not exactly fresh but palette friendly to some.
Yeah, I was stunned to see it being sold at DL too in certain spots whereas they sold other pizza's which didn't taste as bad..........Then again, it is possible it's the same brand as they make different kinds..but, who knows?

HiJe

I live in Chicago. Nation pizza is still terrible and hardly Chicago pizza. Please don’t judge real Chicago pizza by that!

I agree. Put a Pequod's down there.

Also, I'm a Chicago suburbs guy for my whole life and a Portillo's anywhere is an oasis of awesomeness. I recommend the Maxwell Street Polish Sausage with Cheese Fries. Or a Beef and Cheddar sandwich.

I go to the one in Deerfield or Niles once a week. After all, I can't get diabetes twice, am I right?

Last edited:

Ricky Spanish

I agree. Put a Pequod's down there.

Also, I'm a Chicago suburbs guy for my whole life and a Portillo's anywhere is an oasis of awesomeness. I recommend the Maxwell Street Polish Sausage with Cheese Fries. Or a Beef and Cheddar sandwich.

I go to the one in Deerfield or Niles once a week. After all, I can't get diabetes twice, am I right?
Kudos to you for saying you're a Chicago SUBURBS guy.
I live in Chicago.
So many of my family and friends say "we're from Chicago" yet they live in Bartlett, Palatine, or Mt. Prospect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom