Port Orleans

zurgandfriend

I have stayed at Port Orleans River side many moons ago when it was Dixie landing it was very nice. My Mother in law and sister in law stay at Port orleans French Quarter and love it.

JTT

POFQ excellant. Nice size. Centrally located and great theme. The Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory was OK.

melmood2000

Just got back from our first stay at POFQ and by far our favorite. We have been staying on disney property for years and I'm glad we have found this hidden gem. It is a small resort the buses weren't ever to full. The bus trips to each of the parks seemed short and very manageable. Can't wait to get back.

Weather_Lady

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last October (Alligator Bayou) and absolutely loved it. We requested (and got) one of the non-preferred buildings that was relatively close to the main building (food court, general store, etc.). It was a beautiful 5-minute walk through the lush greenery to get our morning caffeine fix. We were also close to the main bus depot (if we cut across a parking lot) and the quiet pool. The Sassagoula River ferry to Downtown Disney was also a lovely way to make the trip.

One day, we couldn't seem to catch a bus to PORS, so we took a Port Orleans French Quarter bus instead and walked the trail along the Sassagoula River to PORS. We thought French Quarter was beautiful, too, although we preferred the "isolated" feel of PORS, where the buildings are more spread out.

PORS or POFQ -- all recently remodeled and with queen-size beds -- you really can't lose either way. :)

mickey2008.1

Just got back 7 days ago, and what a fantastic resort. we stayed in the royal rooms, really nice and clean. Bell service was fantastic and most CMS pleasant. Would definitely stay here again for the money. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus, amazing. We didnt realize how close PORS was to all the parks, Hess was close as well. We had dinner at Ohanas and California grille, both only a $12 taxi ride away, well worth it. Check out my trip report, as pics will be posted of the resort.

Plutos Pal

Stayed at PORS two years ago and loved it. We had a room close to the Main Building and to the bus stop so everything was about a five minute walk or less. Would definitely recommend it to anyone and would stay there again.

Allym146

:inlove: Love it! We've stayed at Riverside and French Quarters and really enjoyed both sides and being able to crossover from one to the other. Love the ferry to DTD, quiet early morning walks along the river and beautiful decor and scenery.

acishere

POR is my favorite resort. Its just gorgeous and great to explore. Alligator Bayou really is a magical place at night. Walking and hearing the frogs and crickets was a great way to end the day. The food court is great. You really can't go wrong with staying there. Just be prepared for the large size of the resort.

disneygirl1

Note sure if you are staying at POR or POFQ, but we stayed at POR for a few nights in June for the 1st time and LOVED it! It was such a nice resort. We requested Alligator Bayou and were put in building 17. It was such a convenient location! We had the quiet pool right out our door and were just a short walk to the bus stop, the Rivermill and main pool. Would definitely stay there again in the future. I quite liked having the option of taking the boat to and from DTD too! It was so relaxing!

KLeigh

We stayed in PORS last November in a royal room and loved it! This fall we're going back to POFQ.

PO is always our "home resort" - we've never had a bad experience on either property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom