Port Orleans Riverside

JLynn81

Original Poster
First time going to WDW, and I'm surprising my 6 year old daughter with the trip. I booked the "Princess" theme room at the Port Orleans - Riverside. Did I make a good choice? Will she like it? Anyone have any advice or tips for making the most out of this hotel.

Last edited:

Janir

POR is a nice resort. The Princess rooms themeing should be fun for a 6 year old.
It kinda looks like intended to type more on your post?

bubbles1812

I stayed in one of the royal rooms last year and was pleasantly surprised. POR is essentially our home resort but we don’t normally bother with that kind of upgrade. Your 6 year old will very much love it. Make sure to find the buttons on the sides of bed. :)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Your little girl is going to love it there! The rooms have special touches and subtle references to Disney princesses.

Don't forget to look for the switches on the side of the beds headboards, turn off all the lights and enjoy the little show! 😊

Tinkerbella16

They are one of my favorite rooms. I absolutely love POR Royal Rooms - Oak Manor Bldg 90 is the building I like to request when staying there. It is a short walk to the main building. The rooms are beautiful... a bit dark, but very nice. Your daughter will love it!

Tom 55

It is located right on a river that splits the resort in half. So a lot more rooms have water view. You can take a boat down to Disney Springs. They have a horse and carriage ride that you can rent that goes along the river. Has a table service restaurant. Has a fishing hole that you can rent fishing rods. No other resort has that. Short walk down to POFQ. I have used the different buses if I did not want to wait. Both to Riverside when staying at FQ and FQ to Riverside. Nice walk along the river banks. Here are some of my photo from 2009 visit. The design is southern mansions. The last picture of a building is were we were staying when hurricane Jean came through in 2004. Parks were shut down and had to stay at resort.

Attachments

• IMG_1546.JPG
    IMG_1546.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1547.JPG
    IMG_1547.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1548.JPG
    IMG_1548.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1551.JPG
    IMG_1551.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 141

lilypgirl

We enjoyed it when we stayed in the Royal Rooms. The room was spacious and themed super cute. There were 4 of us me , 2 15 year old girls and a 9 year old boy and we had plenty of room. . The buses were great and the walk to the main area was nice and didn't seem to far but I love walking. POR is one of our favorite resorts.

Marc Davis Fan

Port Orleans Riverside is our favorite resort. It's absolutely picturesque. Make sure you take the time to relax and walk around the beautiful grounds, and take the beautiful riverboat ride down to Disney Springs!

As for the Royal Rooms, we suspect she will love it.

You made the right choice. Enjoy your time there!

LeighM

Riverside is my favorite resort! We stayed in a Royal Room back in 2015 and it was really nice and I loved the twinkling lights in the headboard. We were in building 90, I believe, so it was a quick walk to the main building. The only thing that we didn't like was that the South Depot, which was the closest bus stop to our room, is actually the last bus stop on the theme park route. The bus would often be full when it got to us during busy times so it took us longer than we expected to get to the parks in the morning. I think they've since added a designated MK bus for south depot for the morning hours. If I stayed there again, I would probably go to the West Depot, 3rd stop.

Minnesota disney fan

Riverside is my favorite resort! We stayed in a Royal Room back in 2015 and it was really nice and I loved the twinkling lights in the headboard. We were in building 90, I believe, so it was a quick walk to the main building. The only thing that we didn't like was that the South Depot, which was the closest bus stop to our room, is actually the last bus stop on the theme park route. The bus would often be full when it got to us during busy times so it took us longer than we expected to get to the parks in the morning. I think they've since added a designated MK bus for south depot for the morning hours. If I stayed there again, I would probably go to the West Depot, 3rd stop.
We love POR too. Disney did add another bus to the South Depot which helped a lot. Those buses ran up until 11am, I believe. That took a lot of the load off of South Depot. Can't go wrong with POR, it's such a beautiful resort with several nice quiet pools.

seanmarie01

Make sure to grab a few Mickey beignets at French Quarter, they are delicious! Also since you’re staying at Riverside, you can also use the pool at French Quarter which isn’t too far of a walk away.

DisneyJill

i prefer the bayou rooms to the royal rooms at riverside, BUT if i was a 6 year old girl, i would be in heaven. they have so many fun touches. the headboards are so cool and look for the dinglehoppers in the shower curtains. :) she will love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom