Port Orleans Riverside

disneydudette

I myself are staying there in MAY.....I felt that alligator Bayou....SP???........was the best bet.......it seems that its is a smaller enclosuer-

2 level buildings.....most beside small rivers and ponds.... All is pretty much open.....like doors open to outside...not a hall way

compared to magnolia bend-

Hotel style......seems to be cramped...

U can go to www.eopinions.com

Thats where I went... everyone seems to enjoy the "bayou" the best

Upvote 0

mousefan17

I have stayed there twice already, once in the bayous, once in the mansions. I am ging again in july, and am staying in the mansions.

I think both are equally nice. Some of the bayous can be out of the way, so if you are going with little kids it might be eaier to stay in the mansions because most of them are closer to everything, (busses, food, and pool)

theres alot more vegetations and shade in the bayous, and the mansions have just as much, but its different because evrey thins is landscaped as if it were a mansions.

the room sizes are exactly the same. they are jsut decorated differently!

Good luck!

Hope you have a great time!

Upvote 0

Disney4648

The best section to stay at PO Riverside is Magnolia Bend. It is the closest area to Ole Man Island, The Food Court, and the Lobby.

here is my review of Port Orleans Riverside-

The Grand Port Orleans Riverside is also known as Disney's Dixie Landings Resort. This is a DOwnTown DIsney Area Resort and is one of the Moderate Resorts along with PO-French Quarter,Coronado Springs, and Caribbean Beach Resort. PO-Riverside is a type of resort where you can relax and have fun at the same time. There are 7 Pools including the main pool with the water slide at Ol'Man Island. On Ol' Man Island, there is a kids playground with basketball courts. There is also a fishing hole. There are many sections (copyright)of the resort inclusing alligator bayou and magnolia terrace. there are 2180 rooms at PORiverside. There is a resturaunt and a food court. There is a gameroom arcade in the main lobby. You can rent boats at Dixie Leevee. You can also rent bikes to ride to PO French Quarter and Your Resort( RIverside) There is a nice lobby also. Dixie Landings-Riverside

Upvote 0

SykedOwt

Personally, My Favorite is Alligator Bayou. It's the Quietest and the Atmostphere is Cool. If You don't mind a short walk to the Food Court and Lobby then I Definitly Reccomend that area. There is also a bus stop right there so u dont have to walk to get a bus.

Upvote 0

Dr. Dom

I'd say Alligator Bayou is better for people who want to feel a little secluded and don't mind walking a bit to the food court, lobby, etc. There is at least one bus stop close to most of the Bayou buildings and the walk back to your room in the evening can be very pleasant. My wife and I walked around Magnolia Bend last October and it seemed nice. We prefer a little more of a rustic atmosphere, though, so we've requested Alligator Bayou for our trip in five weeks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom