Port Orleans, Riverside Vs. French Quarter

They used to be two separate resorts, Port Orleans and Dixie Landings. Years back they "merged" them into a single resort, and changed Port Orleans to French Quarter and Dixie Landings to Riverside. They still have their own check in desks and services, but are now one resort. FQ is much smaller and more intimate, with only one bus stop. RS is larger, and has multiple bus stops. If you are going to eat at the resort, FQ's food court is near the buses, so you can grab food on your way to/from the parks, but has no TS location, while RS has both CS and TS, but you need to go back to the main building, which may be a hike depending on your room. I think RS has some of the only moderate rooms that legitimately sleep 5.

Here's the answer. The old name "Dixie Landings" explains the difference between the two: one has a New Orleans theme, the other an Old South theme. They changed the name because we can't use "Dixie" in our vocabulary anymore without apologizing. :(

rob45

We stayed at POFQ in Dec 2016, loved it, the grounds were beautiful, enjoyed sitting by the water fountain in the mornings drinking coffee. However the food court did not have the variety of PORS, and the bus stops to the theme parks were a zoo every morning.

jaklgreen

We stayed at POFQ in Dec 2016, loved it, the grounds were beautiful, enjoyed sitting by the water fountain in the mornings drinking coffee. However the food court did not have the variety of PORS, and the bus stops to the theme parks were a zoo every morning.

All bus stops are a zoo in the morning. LOL :p

aw14

Never stayed at Riverside, but did for a New Years trip at FQ. Beautiful resort, small, quaint...would definitely stay there again

LIMA TIME

Original Poster
Thank you all for the feedback and updates.

When we were down there in late Sept for the Halloween Party (we stayed at Pop century, love the new rooms BTW) we stopped by the POR and toured both sides. I wasn't overly impressed by any of it. We were considering it for our Spring trip, but we will be traveling with both older folks and little ones, and it is just too spreed out. Also the Mrs. and I were not wowed by the look or the feel. We would stay there for a short/ long weekend trip, but not for a week plus. So we have derided to book else where on property. Let the count down begin

But this is what makes Disney great, there are million different options and you can find what meets your needs and likes. Plus it makes for such great conversation with all you wonderful people. And I still love to try and experience all the difference resorts.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween, and I hope to catch up down the road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom