Port Orleans....Riverside or French Quarter?

mets7

We are planning a possible trip for Thanksgiving this year and we are looking to stay at Port orleans. My question is which is better? We are looking at the the possibility of a royal room so I know that would have to be riverside. Our concern is that I have heard about having to walk forever to get to buses or main building. Is it really that far? I have also heard horror stories about the busing situation(i.e. long waits and very crowded). Thanks for the help.

RonAnnArbor

The Royal Rooms are in Buildings 90 and 95 -- those are the two closest mansions to the main building with dining and the busses. There is also a bus stop right behind them (the east depot) and it take minutes to walk there from the resorts. That being said, I much prefer the smaller POFQ which is more adult-oriented and it takes no more than 5 minutes to walk from anywhere to the bus/foodcourt area. NOW, that being said -- the secret is out, and POFQ is now both more expensive and harder to book than POR.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

We love love love POFQ! We are two 60 year old adults and enjoy that it is a smaller resort and easy to get around. If you have kids they will most likely like POR as there is much more for them to do there!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom