Port Orleans Riverside MM+

Cindee75

I had read this somewhere else and we are very excited to get the chance to possibly have Magic Bands for our November trip however if it changes no big deal - we are at Disney.

steffner

Funny that this thread came up. We are staying at POR the week of the 3rd and got a card in the mail (UPS envelope) wanting to know if we wanted to try it out. The 'card' was an 8.5 x 11 thick poster stock of all the advantages the My+ offers. My wife signed us up and when she went to sched some of the FP activities (AK Exp Ev) the earliest time they had was around noon on any day. I told her to try to get anything just so we could get some sort of feedback for them, so we'll see how that goes. Don't think we'll take advantage of any of the dining that is associated with it. We live across town and stay out several times a year with our AP and tend to eat in the room or cheap out and share meals. Especially since we just returned from a trip to D.C. (talk about $$). If anyone is interested I'll post our experiences.

Joshua&CalebDad

My family and I are staying at POR at the end of September and I can tell you that we are not part of the test group and we have been able to customize our Magic Bands. I had heard from another source that Magic Bands were being rolled out in full force to all POR guests starting September 3. We already had reservations for POFQ but decided to make the switch. As soon as the reservations were revised and the information was updated on the website I had access to the Magic Bands customizations as well as Fast Pass+. My family and I are looking forward to trying them out.

steffner

Ok,got them in the mail today. Man that was fast and let me tell you, they went all out with these things. From the box to the fit and finish of these bands. I wonder if they want us to turn them in at the end of our stay. Anyway, here's some pics. IMG_0054.JPG

Sorry the first pic is sideways.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_00551.jpg
    IMG_00551.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 57

Hobnail Boot

I'm staying at POR for the weekend of Oct. 5. I haven't got anything in the mail yet but I can make Fastpass+ reservations now. I'm an AP so I figured I wouldn't be included in this test?

redpill101

I just got off the phone to Disney UK and we will be added to roll out when we arrive at POR 29th Oct.

They gave me a code to convert my UK booking to add it to MY Disney Experience and confirmed that since
we are international guests our Magic Bands will be sat waiting for us when we check in.

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Original Poster
I just got off the phone to Disney UK and we will be added to roll out when we arrive at POR 29th Oct.

They gave me a code to convert my UK booking to add it to MY Disney Experience and confirmed that since
we are international guests our Magic Bands will be sat waiting for us when we check in.
If you sign up to my Disney experience app they should send them out to you we are going on the 8th October and it wouldn't let us costomise the bands without putting in a delivery address so looks like they are sending them, think I read some where that you use them for your magical express pass at the airport

redpill101

If you sign up to my Disney experience app they should send them out to you we are going on the 8th October and it wouldn't let us costomise the bands without putting in a delivery address so looks like they are sending them, think I read some where that you use them for your magical express pass at the airport

You have to enter your address but it states "If your shipping address is not located in the United States, you can pick up customized MagicBands at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel Front Desk." as they wont ship them due to the trial.
According to Disney UK on the phone when I asked about that they said there is a problem with the UK at the minute and cannot be delivered but will be waiting for us when we get there.

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Original Poster
You have to enter your address but it states "If your shipping address is not located in the United States, you can pick up customized MagicBands at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel Front Desk." as they wont ship them due to the trial.
According to Disney UK on the phone when I asked about that they said there is a problem with the UK at the minute and cannot be delivered but will be waiting for us when we get there.
Aww I was looking forward for them arriving :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom