Port Orleans River Cruise.

real mad hatter

One of my favourite things to do while staying at the Port Orleans resorts is to cruise down the sassagoula river to downtown Disney. A fleet of 15 boats with names like,Memphis miss,sassagoula sunset,bayou princess,and delta lady,the 20-25 minute cruise is my favourite mode of transit at WDW followed closely by the monorail.What is your favourite mode of transit whilst staying in the world.:)

Skooterkid

I'll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time in August and am really looking forward to cruising down the river to Downtown Disney. I love taking the boat from the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Magic Kingdom (it's especially magical at sunset!), so I'm sure I will love the Sassagoula cruise too!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I guess I am a die hard monorail fan. How forward looking was Disney with this concept. I wish the monorail connected all the parks with more spurs to more resorts. Keeping in the theme of the rail mode of transport I love catching the train at the MK:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Bolna

The little boat that connects the GF, the Poly and the MK is my all time favourite transportation. It feels like you have nearly your own private captain taking you around. Even when it is full, it never feels crowded and gives you the illusion that you are far away from the masses.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I must say, that is also my favorite thing to do when staying at POFQ/POR. It is so relaxing to get away from the busses for a while. As much as I love those cold, purple seats on the busses.. the boat just really does it for me! I also love taking the monorail to Epcot, because its a longer route to get there.

Upvote 0

Bowler Hat Girl

My last stay in the World was my first time at POR. I knew about the Sassagoula River Cruise, and I was pretty much looking at it as a convenience--the last few trips, finding parking at DTD had been a nightmare. However, as soon as I checked in last time, I basically hopped on the boat to DTD, and instead of it just being a mode of transportation, it was like a relaxing ride/tour. I think from now on, if I don't go straight to the parks when I arrive, taking the Sassagoula to DTD is the perfect way to start a trip!

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

One of my favorite things about POR is the boat to DTD. From any other resort, getting to DTD can be a long and daunting trek, especially late in the evening when trying to return to your resort. When staying at the WL, we love the boat between the resorts and MK. So nice to be able to dodge a bus ride here and there. We always try to take the monorail a time or two each trip too.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
One of my favourite things to do while staying at the Port Orleans resorts is to cruise down the sassagoula river to downtown Disney. A fleet of 15 boats with names like,Memphis miss,sassagoula sunset,bayou princess,and delta lady,the 20-25 minute cruise is my favourite mode of transit at WDW followed closely by the monorail.What is your favourite mode of transit whilst staying in the world.:)

I can't wait to do this! Do you prefer the boat trip at day or night? I love the monorail! But the other way I like to get around is the boat between Epcot, DHS, and Boardwalk at sunset!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
My favorite mode? We rent a car. 3 days into our first trip coming home late night from DTD standing up packed like sardines holding my daughter...that wrapped up any quams I had about whether we should rent a car or not.

I actually get the whole chill and ride the boat thing especially if the MK is on the back end of that trip!! And I have to say I do really love the monorail, "por favor mentengas..." but when I think about Disney transportation I think about waiting in lines and being packed in elbow to elbow, wasting time that could be spent on a ride strolling through a park, eating a pretzel, chilling by a resort pool.....

Again I totally get why people love certain modes of transportation in around the World, but aside from a Monorail ride, here
and there -- get me in my rent a car (on my own schedule) and get me to my favorite WDW destinations ASAP.

Upvote 0

tink65

We loved the boat ride from POR to downtown Disney. We cruised down in the day and by the time we were returning it had gotten dark. One of the most relaxing experiences while we were there!

Upvote 0
This seems like a good place to post my first ever question/comment! For the first night of our August trip, we're staying offsite. My plan is to drive to DTD and spend the early part of the evening there. Then we're going to take the boat to Port Orleans to catch the Bob Jackson show. Hopefully, it won't be a real late night, but what time will the boats stop running between PO and DTD?

Upvote 0

tink65

This seems like a good place to post my first ever question/comment! For the first night of our August trip, we're staying offsite. My plan is to drive to DTD and spend the early part of the evening there. Then we're going to take the boat to Port Orleans to catch the Bob Jackson show. Hopefully, it won't be a real late night, but what time will the boats stop running between PO and DTD?

"The river cruise service linking Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Downtown Disney commences at 10am daily. The service runs approximately every 20 minutes until 4:30pm, and then every 10 minutes until 11pm."

I took this straight form portorleans.org. Hope it helps!

Upvote 0

bethymouse

The monorail is just one of those "nostalgic" things for me! It's convenient, yes, but if you stay at a non-mono resort, then my Mom loves to ride the monorail loop just for fun!:D
The boats are my second favorite. I had a captain take us back to WL during the Electric Parade, and he kept us out there just to watch it: kinda cool!;) At the TTC, the "showboat" to the MK as I called it when I was a kid, is fun to ride.
The boats to DD are beyond convenient: romance waiting to happen!:D;)

Upvote 0

littleroo

I have stayed all over Disney and my favorite place is POFQ!!! I have so many memories on the boat rides, it gets me excited thinking about it! Truely a unique view of how wonderful Disney is!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom