Port Orleans Pool Noise

Raj Morganberg

Just returned from our 5th trip at Riverside - Port Orleans. As usual everything was great - except for the very loud and long music emanating from the main pool. I understand the kids games being played but seriously, 5 hours long? The loud pop music was obnoxious - and it fought against the dixieland music piped in. Solution: Hold the pop music kiddie event games to 2 hours max. Turn off the dixieland music. Not everybody wants to hear the loud boom boom bass from Macarena.

Doombuggy13

We'll check in at POR in 33 days and our trip this year was centered around, not only the parks and waterparks but equal time relaxing at the resort. My kids will love this! I guess that's all that matters, I guess the wife and I will find a nice table near the pool bar and "relax".

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

We'll check in at POR in 33 days and our trip this year was centered around, not only the parks and waterparks but equal time relaxing at the resort. My kids will love this! I guess that's all that matters, I guess the wife and I will find a nice table near the pool bar and "relax".
There ya go... get enough drinks into you and you can relax and won't even hear the noise from the pool right? :D

Upvote 0
We were at POR last Sept and they had the pool party going on then It is 1 to 6pm. We love going to the pool in the afternoon to relax and have a drink. We noticed the music was really loud on when certain CM were working. Other times it was bearable. You can only hear Miley Cyrus so many times in an afternoon. 1 to 6 is to long with no breaks. We spent alot of time at the quiet pool last year and plan to this year. Too bad, I miss having my Tropical Moito and visiting with our favorite bartenders Lee and Ken.

Upvote 0

RoyWalley

We stayed at Port Orleans - French Quarter the last two years and the music was playing loud both times in the afternoon. We were there in August both times. At first it was kinda of a bummer, but we understand it was for the kids and after awhile we kind of enjoyed watching the kids do all the events.

A few days in the afternoon after coming pack from the parks, we just sat in chairs the furthest away from the music(events) to relax.

Upvote 0

righttrack

I've never considered "pool side" rooms to be an upgrade. When my children were small, parking lot or woods view was always preferred. Now I'm ambivalent about it because now that my kids are high school age or older, we are the ones in the pool that late. My advice is simple. Don't think about the room location from a standpoint of prestige, think about it matching your lifestyle instead. Want quiet? Go for the outward facing rooms. Want noise, participation? Go for the inward facing rooms or poolside.

I do like rooms around the quiet pools myself. At certain hours it can appear that you have the pool to yourselves.

Upvote 0

Avenger117

I did notice the pool parties last month at POFQ and at Wilderness Lodge. The music at POFQ was much louder though, you could here it a pretty good distance from the pool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom