Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach

jessiangel

Hi. I'm new here and was hoping someone could help me. We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside for December, but are thinking of switching to Caribbean Beach. The pool and beach look really nice. We have stayed at the French Quarter before and so we know what Riverside looks like because we would venture over there to Boatrights, but that is about all we know about it. Can anyone give me opinions on either resort?

MagicPorcupine

Just got back from CBR and it was a really nice resort. We were in Martinique and it's definitely worth paying a little extra for this because it's close to the food court and bus stops. The rooms are a good size and well equipped and ours was very well maintained during the stay (the cleaner really took a pride in her work, and even left some of those little towel animals people go on about). The pools were clean and pleasant - we tended to use the "local" martinique pool rather than the central one because it was quieter (often we had it all to ourselves). My only 2 gripes: 1) you had to get to breakfast early otherwise the queues got very long and tedious and the staff were noticeably surlier when under pressure, and 2) we always seemed to just miss the bus we wanted to catch by a few seconds (despite running for it!) - this was uncanny, maybe we were simply unlucky but it happened every time.
We have only ever stayed in All Star Music before, so thought we'd try a moderate resort. I would say, all in all, it was just about worth the extra money, but it was a close thing! Hope you have a great stay wherever you end up.

Upvote 0

bhg469

I have been reading this thread and what I have gathered is it's a toss up on which resort is the best. All have very good reasons why they made there pick between the two (or 3). I have decided to go with FQ because it is a smaller resort. I think the CB is also a convention resort. Please correct me if I am wrong. Also the FQ as king size beds. I was surprise to find out that some of the larger resorts do no have them. I am going to pay for a pref room and ask for a king bed with a river view-I hope I can get it.
We are planning ahead for 11/2007 during what I think will be 'Jersy Week'.
We are trying to coordinate it with a Tampa Bay Bucc;s football game.
We are also going on a 3 day DCL cruise following our WDW trip.

Thank you all for helping me come to a decision!!!!!!!!:so happy:

No, Cornoado is a "convention resort" but thats doesn't make it any less nice. I enojoy that resort alot more than any other moderate.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom