Port Orleans or Caribbean beach?

raceroom

Hello, Me and my family (wife and 7 yr old girl) are thinking of going down for a trip the end of Jan. We are thinking of staying at either Port Orleans or Caribbean beach. Was hoping someone could help us out that has stayed at both resorts. Help decide which is better. Thanks for your time.

WDWiz318

I stayed at CBR, great property. I like the layout of the resort, definitely a family fun environment. Didn't stay at Port Orleans, was planning on it next trip but I've heard too much negative feedback on that resort to stray away & am going to CS next year instead.

Upvote 0

corey154

Well as I often post when questions like this come up, POFQ is one of my favorite resorts BUT as far as your 7 year old..you might want to go with CB. My daughter loves the pool area and she prefers CB to POFQ. So, as an adult I like PO, but my daugher preferes the other. (she's now 10 and was about 7 or 8 last time we stayed at CB)

Upvote 0

juscet

I have stayed at both and have found POR to be a much nicer stay. POR's theming is much nicer. CB seems so much bigger and if you don't have a room close to the food court it can really take away from the trip. POR restaurants are much nicer as is some of the evening entertainment (Bob Jackson). Good luck.:)

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Having just returned from CBR last week, I can tell you that we all LOVED it! Granted, I have never stayed at PO, and granted we had a rental car so bus waits were not an issue for us. However, we stayed in Aruba (a non-preferred building) and it was merely a 5 minute walk to Port Royale for the food court and the main pool. The walk across the footbridge was beautiful in the mornings and really gave you a view of the whole resort. The pool was new and the kids had a blast there. The food court had many options, and the lines were short in the mornings. And the theming was beautiful with all the brightly colored buildings and the hammocks on the beach. We really felt like we were in a min-Caribbean. We would go back there in a heartbeat!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom