Port Orleans French Quater for 1 Day?

tterrag24

My girlfriend, daughter (4), and i are heading to WDW in August for 10 days. We where thinking about adding on another day. We are booked at Pop century but they are all booked, so adding another day there is not going to happen. We where thinking about staying at French quarter for a day then having our bags moved over to POP? the rate is 175$ but ticket packages only go up to 10 days, so we probably wont be going to any parks that day? Is it worth it? maybe do some pool hopping?
11 days ? is that 2 many

Pioneer Hall

I guess the only one who can really answer that question is you. If you feel the extra day is worth the extra nights cost then the answer will be yes. Also, if you were planning on hopping to other resort pools, just be advised that Disney has a stated policy that the pools at each resort are for guests staying there (a somewhat contested thing on the boards, but a stated rule nonetheless). However, at Port Orleans you do get your choice of the pool at FQ or RS. There are also a lot of non-park activities that you can do during the day. You can rent a boat, go mini golfing, shop at DTD, resort hop, etc.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

The commandos will say no, since everyone knows that the only reason to go to Disney World is to be in the parks (sarcasm).
In my singular and humble opinion, go. I love the French quarter. The pool will be a blast for your girlfriends daughter, take a boat to DTD, just enjoy the theme of the resort, which I enjoy as much as the Deluxe resorts. But be warned, once you stay there you will be spoiled and not want to go any place else!

Sunday8-2020.jpg

Sunday8-2005.jpg

Sunday8-2019.jpg

Sunday8-2016.jpg

Upvote 0

coltow

My boys (4, 7) would be plenty happy spending a day at this pool and skipping the parks for a day. FQ is beautiful and the pool really is alot of fun. You can get a pizza at the food court and just chill. Take the boat to DTD if you think you need to do something

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

My girlfriend, daughter (4), and i are heading to WDW in August for 10 days. We where thinking about adding on another day. We are booked at Pop century but they are all booked, so adding another day there is not going to happen. We where thinking about staying at French quarter for a day then having our bags moved over to POP? the rate is 175$ but ticket packages only go up to 10 days, so we probably wont be going to any parks that day? Is it worth it? maybe do some pool hopping?
11 days ? is that 2 many
We have fallen in love with the French Quarter. At the rear of the property there is a walking path that leads to Riverside where you can rent out bicycles or rent a horse drawn carriage ride that they will enjoy. Pedal boats and other watercraft are rentable as well. Or as stated before the boat to DTD is available which we find relaxing. My son and I are going to stay there in just 57 days.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

paul436

A day at the French Quarter is a day well spent! The decor/theming lends itself to just spending time walking around and enjoying the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

One day at Port Orleans is better than no days at Port Orleans, in my opinion. It's such a beautiful resort. On my last trip, we stayed at the Beach Club but we miss POFQ. We ended up driving over one day, walking the loop to Riverside, and getting beignets before leaving. We just walked to walk around & see it there again. You will fall in love!

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

11 days ? is that 2 many

We are staying at Pop starting next week for 13 n on a package and then moving to POFQ for 1 night. We plan to leave Pop in the morning, head over there and do some pool hopping and have dinner there. Plus POFQ have new rooms with Queen beds!
Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom