Port Orleans - French Quarter

todpatcam

We are taking our 4th trip to WDW this coming November; in the past we've stayed at POP, PORS, and CBR.

We are currently booked to stay at Port Orleans - French Quarter. After reading many reviews about this resort being a nice small Disney moderate resort but very outdated - we got a little concerned.

Questions: is this resort due for any updates before or during November 2011? Is there a building we should ask for or should we upgrade our reservation to a preferred building?:shrug:

Should we select a different moderate and stay at POFQ once it receives the needed updates?:shrug:

Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.:)

RonAnnArbor

Disney15, sorry about your experience -- although a year ago, none of the refurbs were done.

I find POFQ the absolutely best moderate resort, especially if you have an adult-only group.

Upvote 0

skimbob

I stayed at POFQ in June and found it to be a wonderful resort. I spent a lot of time in my room since I fell ill on the trip. The room was nice and i had a view of the lawn so it made being ill a little easier. The only thing I didn't care for was the food court. POR had a much better food court in my opinion.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

I found a big difference for not much more cost in the King Bed rooms. I believe they are all end corner rooms, so first of all, you get two windows which lets in a lot more light, so it feels more spacious. With one of the beds gone, I found it to be a lot more roomy.

Does anyone know about the schedule for refurbs to be done? We will be there first week in March. Or has someone stayed in a reburbed building and can you remember which one?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom