Port Orleans French Quarter

Norm The Skull

Hi there everybody.

We have finaly decided on Port Orleans F.Q. for our next trip December 1st to December 10th 2008.

I would love some feedback from this hotel.

The only other trip we took was in 2005 at Pop Century and we loved it.

I am trying to find out where are the best rooms at P.O.F.Q?

Looking to be close to everything (Transportation, Food etc.)

Any info would be great.

Thanks again

MrBug

Stayed there in Jan of this year, in building 3 and I think 3 is best location on property if you want to be close to checkin/busstop/SassagoulaFoodWorks. Just watch out for the mean chef lady at the burger station, she's no fun and the burgers ain't too good either...

Upvote 0

alilance

This is one of my favorite hotels! I find it to be quite relaxing and it is well located to all the parks. I really like the pool and the food court is pretty good too!! I've stayed here at least 15 times. I'm staying here again for a couple of days on my next vacation in May. I've stayed at the other moderate resorts and still like this one the best!!! I think you made a great choice!! Have a great vacation and enjoy!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

peters

We stayed at POFQ in 2006 and had a great time. We stayed in building #1 facing the river which was really beautiful. Although it's one of the farthest buildings from the main lobby, it only took us 3 to 5 minutes to get there. The resort is much smaller than the other moderates so you're close to everything. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Montyboy

Since you didn't mention view as a criteria, I suggest building four. It is closest to the food court (North side of the main building) and there is a only a short walk through a garden to the bus stop (check the map). This turned out to be a big deal when carrying a child back to the room at night.

Upvote 0

Macaylasmom

I agree. We stayed at this resort 3 times. It is our favorite. We've stayed in buildings 1, 3 and 6. Building 3 was the closest to everything we needed. Building 4 would be the closest to the food court and bus stop. You can't go wrong with any building and the view. Even in building 5 (far side), it was only a 5 minute walk to the food court, pool and bus.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

You've made a good choice. POFQ is the only moderate we stay at regularly. Have been to CBR and POR and POFQ is smaller, quaint, ridiculously convenient, and great theming. Buildings 3 and 4 are close to the food court, merchandise shops, etc., but it is so small compared to other moderates, and well layed out, that any building is great.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

POFQ is so pleasantly compact that location really isn't important.

I timed the walk from the farthest point (the far end of Building 1) to the food court doors -- 3 minutes 20 seconds. The person who posted 10 minutes, with all due respect, must walk very very slowly or is guesstimating and is way off. My time was at a leisurely pace, not a race.

Upvote 0

donvincenzo

I too love POFQ. It is a great resort, have stayed there multiple times. It is small and quaint and the theming is great. Everything is close by so you don't need to walk far to get to anything. The bus service here is far better than Riverside. There's only one bus depot at FQ whereas Riverside has four. And because it is a small resort the amount of people waiting to get on a FQ bus at the parks of Downtown usually isn't bad. Unless they have a bus running that is servicing both resorts, which happens sometimes. That can get pretty bad......

Upvote 0

Figment25

To be perfrectly honest,POFQ is one of my favorite resorts and location at this resort is not a big deal, I have always been located in either buildings 1 or 7, both farthest from the lobby and food court. The total time walking cannot be more than 4 minutes to the lobby/food court and 5 minutes to the bus stop. We do not stay at other moderate resorts d/t them being too enormous and I hate the multiple bus stops. This resort has neither. Wonderful place to stay, nice and compact, beautiful theming, and excellent prices, esp if you are an annual pass holder!!! I would say you made a great choice in deciding to stay at POFQ!!!:animwink:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I timed the walk from the farthest point (the far end of Building 1) to the food court doors -- 3 minutes 20 seconds. The person who posted 10 minutes, with all due respect, must walk very very slowly or is guesstimating and is way off. My time was at a leisurely pace, not a race.

No - I just read The Unofficial Guide

Upvote 0

catne

Thanks, Goofyque!

I too am going to be staying at POFQ (in May)--thanks for the 360 pics. Those were excellent shots. I've seen some good photo spreads of POFQ on another site, but these panoramic ones give more of the overall "flavor" of everything. Great job!

Upvote 0

The Mak

I just got back from a week at POFQ and I highly recommend it. On top of what was already mentioned in this thread I have this to add:

- Very quiet, peaceful resort. Pop Century is a Who concert compared to this place.
- Vegetation everywhere. Gardens, fountains, trees, malls everywhere.
- Water Taxi to Downtown Disney and PORiverside (Riverside has a table service restaurant right off the Taxi dock, Boatwrights dining hall)
- If you have a room with a clear western view of the Highway, you'll be able to see and hear Illuminations. Epcot is across the highway from POFQ.

The only negative is if you go during a "slow season" FQ and Riverside share 1 bus route for DHS and DAK. FQ gets picked up and dropped off first, so that's a plus. FQ has its own MK bus route and Epcot combines both resorts when you're leaving for the hotel.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom